Friday, July 15, 2005

Smithwick's and Sonnet

Ok, i am going to try and get a quick blog in. Why quick you say? Your blogs are never quick? Well the truth is, Cara will be here in about an hour, and other friends could arrive at any time.

I don't even know why i am blogging, i feel like i have nothing to say right now. You see while i am at the death sentance known as work, i ponder a lot of interesting things, things i would even share at a venue like this one, but since i can't remember any of the witty, clever, or thought provoking things i was going to write about, then i guess i will just fly by the seat of my pants, which at one point is how i described services at Cove Community Church.

Here is something. Just the other day, my boss Ryan told me that Hockey was back on. Now, if you would've told me this news like 10 months ago, i wouldn've jumped for joy and started polishing Canuck Stanley Cup rings, but since this lockout has dragged on as long as it has, i am totally lethargic and utterly despondant in referance to the subjuect of NHL hockey. I just kinda sat there staring blankly and said, "I'll believe it when i see them back on the ice", and even though that is true, will i care. This lockout has somehow damaged my hockey loving heart in ways i never could've thought possible. My good friend Kyle talked about how he lost passion for the NHL after the first lock-out, well i am scared that the same thing may have happened to me. Even if i do get excited when the season starts again, i might lose interest because of the scary possibilities surroundling my beloved Canucks. First of all, who knows what will happen with Bertuzzi...Lord knows i love and respect the man, even more so now, but will he even want to stay in Vancouver after the abuse he took. I hope he does. And now Markus Naslund might not return. If Markus left, that would crush my spirit. I think i would cry myself to sleep for weeks on end if he left. I love my team, i want them to come together and be succesful and win a stanley cup in my lifetime. It would make my life, and i believe with the right adjustments, this is a cup-contending team. Anyway, the point is, i am currently apathetic towards a sport and industry that i have been totally loyal and devoted to for the better part of my life, and to be honest, i am sad about it. I wish this lockout would've never happened, but i also wish that it would not've been able to crush my hockey/NHL loving spirit. It's a sad day.

Enough with that. Cara should be here soon, which makes me very happy. I was at work all day, and as it dragged on i had less and less desire to be there, and more and more desire to be at home getting ready for the grand arrival.

Other then that, not much is new. We are about a day away from finishing the ominous "Gargoyle House", which will be a true blessing. I can't wait to get out of there.

I think i am going to clean up a little more before Cara calls, so i will leave you with this short little life update, and also of course with a song of the day. "When U Love Somebody" by The Fruit Bats. It's a song i have been able to hear thanks to my co-worker and friend, Dave. It's a pretty great song, you should check it out if you have the means and or the desire. Speaking of Desire, i was painting a fence all day. And i was painting it black, which reminded me of the Rolling Stones song, "Paint it Black" about a thousand times. Anyway, check out the Fruit Bats song. It's a dandy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home