Monday, June 20, 2005

You're in my heart, you're in my soul

So, in less then an hour, i am leaving Vermilion. It has really struck me that my time here is finally coming to an end, and it is not easy. Yesterday at church, the people (but mostly the teens) were saying goodbye to me, hugs and handshakes ect, and it was so hard. I felt like crying because these people had been my family and friends all year, they took care of me, they were generous to me, and they gave me an opportunity to learn and live among them. It was really hard to leave church. Then of course today, i left Cara, not an easy thing to do, but we both put brave faces on, knowing and trusting that even though we are far away, and won't see each other every day, that it's going to work out. This is the relationship. This is the girl. So, now i am going to go to Co-op and buy some donuts for the guys at work, i'm going to stop in there have coffee with them and say goodbye, and hopefully hear about a job in Calgary that my boss Dean was trying to get me. That would be awesome. From there i will gas up my car at Shell, buy a bottle of water, put on my Foo Fighters Acoustic CD and go to Spruce Grove and visit my family there for today. I also am planning to have supper with Tina tonight for her Birthday. Then tomorrow, after all this waiting, and dreaming and pining, i will arrive in the flooded city of Calgary. I think i will take one of them Mississippi River boats to get there, after all Calgary is becoming the fist underwater human habitat from what i hear, which has always been a dream of mine anyway. So thats my plan, and thats how it's going to go down.

Song of the day: Across the Sea - Weezer. Yesterday i bought Cara Weezer's second CD Pinkerton. Since then we listened to it together and it seemed like she was really enjoying it. Anyway, "across the sea" - used to be special to me because of my memory attached to it regarding a girl named Shannon, but since Shannon no longer occupies a space in my heart and a large amount of time has passes since then, it will now remind me of Cara, because it's actually about the girl from Japan that Rivers was corresponding with, and he seemed to create a romance with her in his head, but knew it couldn't work out (because she was only 18), but this is not to say it won't work out with me and Cara, but to say that i will miss her - The chorus of the song says "Why are you, so far away from me? I need help and you're way across the sea" The sea of course in my case in actually Plains, or Praries, however you feel it fits. Anyway, i should get a move on, cause thats what i do.

I love you all, and I love Vermilion - Goodbye and Fondest Memories

The Shaolin

ps. I'm gonna try and hook my friend Tim up with Cara's best friend, and as i said to Cara last night, "it could either be the best thing ever, or the biggest piece of Sh*t of all time", but i hope it will work, that would be keen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home