Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"I wish i had memories of the French Riviera" "here you can have mine!"

Hey

How are you all (not to be confused with y'all)? I am doing supremely well, despite the fact that it is 11:35pm. Truth be told, i function fine at this hour, but come 7am, when i have to rise to go to work as a painter of homes, i don't function well.

I don't even really feel like blogging tonight, just cause i want to go to bed, but i am ripping a cd on to my computer, so i feel justified in staying up and blogging while that operation takes place.

So, something happened to me today. Something that i regret. I took an hour off work this morning to go and deal with all my auto insurance issues, and once i got that all taken care of, i began the trek back to my apartment to get my car and drive to work. It was a beautiful morning in Calgary, one of the days that makes me fall in love with this city again. As i was walking, (with my earphones in, listening to the acoustic Foo Fighters disc) a shabby looking native man approached me, and asked in a very kind and respectful manner if i had 40 cents to spare. Then i lied to him and told him that i didn't even have my wallet on me. Clearly my wallet was in my bag and two things kept me from getting him 40 cents. Actually, three things. 1. Lazy 2. i was in a rush (or so i have convinced myself) 3. I am suspicious of shabby looking street people asking me for money.
So i told him that i didn't have my wallet, and he responded kindly, and walked on to the next person. Then i crossed the street and waited for the light so i could continue on. As i stood on the other side of the street, i watched him talking to other people, trying to solicite that 40 cents, i don't remember what kind of luck he was having, i was to caught up with a horrible thought.

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' - Matthew 25:40

That man was Jesus, and he needed 40 cents and i wouldn't give it to him. He was naked and i left him that way, he was hungry and i didn't feed him, you get the idea.

Unfortunatly i didn't even go back and give him my money. I just walked away feeling like garbage. and even now as i go over it, i feel like crap again. Like God was talking directly to me, and i ignored him. That is a crappy feeling.

So my advice to you is, listen for God's voice, because he does speak, and instead of walking away and ignoring him, do what he say's and see that amazing things he will do through your obediance. So as i once said in a sermon in Vermilion: "Don't be like Mike!"

Song of the day is "How do you keep love alive" by Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I have owned the new Ryan Adams for quite a while, almost since it's been out, but it wasn't until yesterday that i really got into it. Since then i have listened to this double album like 5 times, in fact i am listening to it right now. I don't know why it took me so long to love this CD, but as i listened to it yesterday as i taped off windows and light fixtures, it all came together and there was a passionate love burning in my heart for the music Ryand was playing and the words he was singing. Anyway, Kinney (not to be confused with Kinsey) played me this track Sunday night after our heartbreaking loss in the soccer finals, and it took my breath away. Anyway, i recommend that if you have the means and or the desire, that you check it out, and hopefully it will affect you the way it affected me.

Anyway, i need to go to sleep, i am so tired and i think i feel a headache coming on, which would be a very very very very bad thing. Peace and Love to the fullest extent!

ps. i deleted some of the links to blogs that never change, if you are a person who has been deleted and you take offense, then i challenge you to blog more, or better

1 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

Hi Micheal,
I read your blog today and I was as sad as you were when you decided not to help that man.
Next time that occurs, offer to by them lunch or whatever from a place near by.... God will be pleased.
Don't be so hard on yourself, because I know that I tried to drill into you and Ashley to not give money, but offer food.

Love Mom

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home