Monday, June 27, 2005

"If Willy Nelson was here, he would know what to do"

Three straight blogs in three straight days, holy crap, what is happening, it's like the Mike of old is back and blogging instead of this once every two week Mike that seemed to be here.

So how are you cats today? I am doing fairly ok. I just got off the phone with Cara, which always makes my day, so i feel a lot better then i did this afternoon. Today i left work early because of an unidentified stomach pain, which was causing me to writhe in pain. For some reason i just felt horrible, like my stomach was going to explode, and like i was going to puke all over the place. I did not feel good, and i toughed it out till three, but in the end, i hopped onto a train and came home to try and feel better, so that should more work present itself, i would be able to work. So i came home, showered, and tried to fix my stomach, then i slept for an hour and forty minutes, which really seemed to help. I am hoping that a good nights rest tonight will have me fit as a fiddle so that if it doesn't rain tomorrow, i can go to work. Part of me doesn't want to go to work, but i do need the bling, so i guess i should want to go to work, but i just can't convince myself.

Not too much else to report. I learned that Hulk Hogan has a new reality show, kind of like the Osbournes except without all the swearing and cute british accents i am guessing. I am also guessing that it will bomb, and be the biggest dumb thing of all time. But feel free to watch it and tell me differantly if i am so incorrect. I feel like if i had tv, i would watch at least one episode, because i am kind of a wrestling nerd.

3 Days till i go camping with Cara and her family. I am very very very excited, and even more excited about giving Cara her new mix CD that i made. I wish i could tell you about it, but like i said yesterday, it's a surprise.

Yesterday, i listened to Billy Corgan's new album. Billy Corgan of course was the lead singer and mastermind behind 90's rock Gods The Smashing Pumpkins. I kind of liked it actually which is strange, cause i haven't liked anything Billy Corgan has done for a long time, but i actually really enjoyed this new album, so if any of you feel like buying it for me, go right ahead. And if you want to check out Billy's new album, you can listen to it on streaming audio from his website www.billycorgan.com enjoy it, even though the cover of the album is kinda gay looking and reminds me of the Cosby Show.

With that in mind, here is the song of the day. "Spaceboy" by the Smashing Pumpkins. It's from thier awesome album, "Siamese Dream" and it's just generally enjoyable, kind of slower, more mellow, acoustic even, it shows the lighter, softer side of the Pumpkins, and it's also from when Billy Corgan had hair, which i bet most of you can't remember anyway. So as my tribute to the Smashing Pumpkins, who i am listening to right now, check out "Spaceboy" if you have the means and or the desire.

Holy Crap, i almost forgot. Two new items have been added to the blog in case you haven't noticed. They are key and awesome. The first one is links to my friends blogs. You can check them out if you want, though i will warn you, some of these people update less often then me (Chemo, i'm looking at you!), and the other is a weather link for the town of Vermilion. Now we can all know what the weather is like in the town i love, just by reading my blog and scrolling down. Great news huh!?

Also, yesterday, i spoke with Carmen, who is my biggest blog fan since day one, and i just wanted to give her special props for not only reading my blog with incredible loyalty, but also for knowing me well enough to guess what Cara is like with frightening accuracy. Here's to Carmen! and Here's to Kenny Rogers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home