Saturday, June 18, 2005

"and i think it's going to be a long long time"

Wow, it has been a long time since i have taken the time to write here and i miss it, i really do. On the side of my blog is sort of a missions statement, which talks about the blog being a substitute for the lack of hockey and female relationships, but since i have begun my new relationship, this blog has taken a BACKSEAT (haha) to my relationship with Cara. So if any of you have a problem you can take it up with her.

So much has happened since i last blogged i don't even know where to begin writing or telling of the things that have happened. Let it be known that i am at work and it is dead here, i wasn't going to blog till i got home, but it is really, really, really slow here and so i am going to do my best to write something good and do it efficiantly so that my boss won't get mad.

Since i last blogged i visited North Vancouver. It was my intention to write a blog from my hometown, but as we all know the road to hell was paved with good intentions.

Ok, my bigger and more tough boss just got back so i am going to email this to myself and finish it later....hold on friends.....

Ok, so it's the next day, but you can hardly blame me...ok, you can blame me, instead of going home to pack and write blog, i went to Lloyd with Cara, and then i hung out with two friends till after midnight (props to the song "After Midnight" by Eric Clapton).

Back to Nor Van (which is how i now refer to my hometown), so i went on a Thursday, my wonderful girlfriend decided to drive me to the airport, and so we drove and she dropped me off and i went and checked in, got my ticket and my usual aisle seat and then waited patiently for the time to fly. Then i flew, and apperantly there was this big muslim convention in vancouver, because my flight had a huge number of eastern people who all knew each other. It was so funny in the airport they were all talking to one another and holding each others babies, and having a good time. To be honest i thought it was a family reunion or a giant wedding or something like that at first, but i remember sitting in the airport being absolutly struck by the genuine community that these people were experiancing together. I saw God in these people. So i arrived back in Nor Van, my parents picked me up from the airport and took my home, where i was greeted by a warm house, a warm bed, and a warm glass of whiskey. Good times. I spent some time just lounging around talking to my family and being with them, and that was great. Then we went to bed (after i emailed Cara) and my sleep was fitful and short lived. The next day i got my shave and a haircut, which was and still is causing me to look sexy (this haircut would've moved me into the top ten of the elle girl 50 sexiest men list or whatever it was), then i drove to Ladner to pick my grandmother up so she could come with us to my sister's valedictory ceremony, and also so she could help us out with the big family and friends party we were having in honour of my sister the next day. The ceremony was alright, it was good to see my sister, she was all grown up, hard to believe in some ways, but she walked across the stage and is now a high school graduate - woo hoo. As i listened to the speeches (which were all to long and all to crappy) and watched the presentations, i thought about what i would say to the graduating class of 2005 if somehow i was asked to give and improptu message to the teens, and i think it would be about living in the present, which is something i have spoken and thought extensivly on, and perhaps one day i will speak more on in this venue. Following the ceremony, at the reception, i ran into some girls that i graduated with. It was nice to see them, we chatted and then we went out for a couple beer at the pub right across from my house. Then one of the girls dads bought my drinks, it was awesome. I had two Corona, which tasted oh so good. The next day was Ashley's big party, and i spent the morning, shopping with my sister, and helping get stuff ready. Also, my mom made me french toast for breakfast, it was beautiful in every way. So the party was alright, saw family and friends, and for once i wasn't totally anti-social at one of these events, i did hang out and talk with people, rather then retiring to my room to play video games and listen to music. It was a good time, it was nice to reconnect with people, and feel the warmth of our own community. Later that night, i met up with three of my best buddies and we went for drinks and once again i didn't have to pay, it was an awesome time to sit around and shoot the shit with the guys and catch each other up on what has been going on in each others lives. We talked about my internship and my girlfriend, my one friend went to Khazikstan, other guys are working, dealing with relationships, family, it was just stupendous. The next day i went to Church and enjoyed myself despite the using of a U2 song in worship that i have a difficult time worshipping to, especially since the change it to make it fit within the context of a worship service, but thats a whole other subject. I flew back to Edmonton where i was greeted by Cara and her best friend Tina, who missed me so much, she jumped up and gave me a huge hug. It was a funny situation. Then we went for supper at Red Robins, and i felt sick after eating there, i think we all did. We hung out with Tina for a while, then we drove back to Vermilion. Good times.

Whew, i feel like this is getting long. I guess i will stop there. So i am leaving this town on monday, it is bittersweet, like a bittersweet symphony, but it is the right thing to do, now i am just hoping and praying that i can get a job quickly and make a another grand or two to help me survive the year.

I'll leave you with the song of the day. It is "Best of You" by the Foo Fighters. This is the first single of thier amazing new and fifth cd, entitled "In Your Honour". The other day i was driving, making a delivery and the song came on the radio and for some reason it was such an intense moment where the lyrics and notes, and beat all came together to form a beautiful moment that connected with my soul and heart and i could feel every fibre of emotion that Dave Grohl (the lead singer and principle song writer for the foo fighters) was feeling as he wrote and sang that song, and i sang it at the top of my lungs and it was so intense that i was actually physically and emotionally drained when it was over. Anyway, it is an amazing song, one of the best they have ever had, and if you have the means or desire, you really should check it out, you won't be disappointed, or at least you shouldn't be. Once again if this song disappoints you, there is something wrong with you, not the song.

Love you Lots - The Shaolin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home