Sunday, July 10, 2005

"I got a Fever....and the only cure....is more cowbell"

Hello Sweet Blog World.

Hold on just one moment while i administer some tunes to myself, so that i can render a quality blog-o. I have decided to listen to The Postal Service whilst i blog.

Today was a productive day. I woke up at 10am. That in itself was productive because i was becoming weak and tired from all the work i have been doing. I needed a good sleep and i recieved it! Upon arising from the slumber i proceeded to consume the following products. Bacon, Egg, Bagel, Hashbrown, Orange Juice. It was a tasty meal indeed. After that i knew i needed to buckle down and do all the things i had planned to do, though i was very tempted to lie back down in my bed and catch a little more shut eye. The first thing i needed to do was laundry. I was, at this point, 4 days in to my reserve undergarment collection. What do i mean by reserve undergarment collection? Well there was a time in my life where at Christmas time i would let my wonderful mother purchase boxers for me, but somehow, every year in her attempt to fill my need for underwear she would shop outside the proximities i had set for her in this area. So, what that means is: I am left with about 8 pair of boxers that i don't wear because they are made of heavy cotten, and perhaps wool, making them very hot, and they are not stretchy, which makes them uncomfortable to wear at the best of times, let alone during a day of work or school. So i keep them around for just such occasions as not having done you laundry in over two weeks. Anyway, i went down and put two loads of laundry in the washers, and it cost me $3.50, which to me is a bloody rip off, but i couldn't wait anymore, i needed some clean clothes. Then i came upstairs and i don't remember what i did for the half and hour that the machines needed to clean my clothes. Following this un-memorable ordeal, i proceeded to collect my clean clothes and bring them to the penthouse where my friends live with a live in washer and dryer set, though the washer is not working, otherwise i would've been there since day 1. I put my clothes in the dryer and went to Wal-Mart to pick up some essential items, and found it do be a bloody madhouse. From the moment i walked in i felt ultra-clostraphobic because there were people everywhere, wall to wall shopping going on at the Wal-Mart today! So i got what i needed and hustled out of there to the best of my abilities, only to encounter heavy traffic and construction on my way back to the apartment. Though i should say, despite my frustration with the traffic, it afforded me that chance to listen to Matchbox 20's album "More then you think you are" all the way though, which was great, cause one of my favorite songs is second last on that album. So i guess i shouldn't be too pissed off about the construction when it affords me great opportunities like that.

Then i got home and called Cara, which was great, because even on days when she is sad, she makes me happy, she lights up my life.

After that i organized some pictures in frames that i had just bought, and that was also a rewarding experiance. What did i listen to? Oh yeah, i listened to Starfield while i did this, and that was awesome, cause i totally was engrossed in God's presence as i listened and sang and organized these photos. It's amazing how God can be felt in the mundane and average aspects of life. Not just in the super-natural or amazing moments, that don't happen as often as we think. I love that God is the God of the everyday, and as my friend John Ortberg say's it "God is closer then you think".

Calgary seems to be going crazy outside my window, but what else is new? Have i mentioned i live on one of the most disgusting corners in the city? Cause i do, drugs, gangs, violence, all within a block of home....YAY!!!

Anyway, after the photos and starfield, i went and hung out with my friends in the penthouse. We played some video games and listened to music. Then after we watched parts of a documentary on Bob Dylan, and then parts of one on The Rolling Stones, who were a lot cooler back in the day then they are now. Since then, i have been hanging out at home with my roomate Tim, and another friend from out of town, Chris. We had some beer, and some pizza, and some good times, but now it is time to engage in some good sleep before church tomorrow.

The song of the day is "Sympathy for the Devil" by The Rolling Stones. It is one of the best songs the Stones ever wrote, but it is also at the centre of contraversy with Christian conservative groups who put out a series of films against rock and roll called "Hells Bells". Anyway, they think it (the song in question) is a tool of the Devil used for murder, and hate....I don't know maybe it is, but i think it's a great song, and i don't think we should have sympathy for the devil, but i do think it is a great song, written from a gutsy perspective, and a about a ballsy topic, with some sensitive issues included. Leave it to the Stones to really get in your face. Anyway, that is the song which i recommend for this day, listen to it if you have the means and or the desire, because it is a great song.

So i am going to bed now. Have a great day.

oh yeah, i also watched "Best of Will Farrell" today. It made me laugh, until my laptop started to glitch, then it made me cuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home