Sunday, June 26, 2005

Triune Attraction

So today i went to Church with Tim. Then we came home and decided we were hungry, but in order to truly satiate this intense hunger for a myriad of foods, we needed to pick up a couple extra items at the local Canada Safeway. As we walked back to our apartment, the conversation somehow worked it's way over to some female friend of ours who will remain nameless. The thing about her is, many many CBC men (both Tim and I included) have had a thing for her. (note: my thing for her only lasted two days). Anyway, we were mentioning names of all the guys that liked her, and then on a completley unrelated subject we mentioned our mutual friend Matt Russell, who is currently far away, yet not as far as he was. Then Tim said "Ahhhh Russell" as if some fond memory of the lad had passed through our minds and we felt the need to pay homage to him. Then i irreverantly said "Russell is with us all the time, he is kind of like The Holy Spirit that way". This was probably a pretty sacriligious, or heretical thing to say, maybe not, but if it is, it only adds to Russell's list of heretical beliefs and involvements that will keep him from getting accredited in the Christian and Missionary Alliance.

Church was pretty good. I went to Rockpointe Church, which is the new name of the church formerly known as Bow Valley Alliance. Today was a Communion Sunday, and that aspect of the service was lead really well by the former Youth Conferance Speaker Tim Bergmann. We went to the 9:00am service, because we thought it would be better to go early so that we would still have time to do whatever we wanted before poor Tim needed to go to work at the company whose name shall remain a mystery just in case they try and sue me or shut me down. They probably would, they are jerks like that. Anyway, Church was about God's justice, it was fairly well done, the only thing i think i would've also mentioned is that, we sometimes have problems with God's justice because we can't see the whole picture, we aren't omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent, or any other omni-word that i can't think of that describes God. Also, because we are human, and limited, and fallen, i believe our sense of justice is not totally perfect. We are incapable of using God's judgement which is the only real legitimate justice that exists. We question God's justice because we are often in the "eye for an eye" mentality. When terrorists crashed into the twin towers on 9/11, we wondered where justice was. The fact that those terrorists died as well, wasn't good enough for a lot of people. They wanted thier bodies put back together, brought back to life and killed again. Our sense of justice often revolves around revenge and satisfaction, and like the Rolling Stones say so elequently "I Can't Get no Satisfaction". Our justice is limited and often focused on us, making ourselves feel better, because we have suffered others should be made to feel equal or greater amounts of suffering. It sometimes feels like a cop-out to leave things like this to just saying that God's justice is beyond us, but i honestly believe that it is, but at the same time, i believe he is a just God, and therefore, whatever methods of justice he chooses to take are his own, and are just. I feel like we sometimes crap on the idea of the mystery of God, because we can't accept that there may not be an answer for us right now. We are naturally seeking creatures, we seek knowledge and that isn't bad, but it makes it difficult for us to embrace the mystery of God, which is something real and beautiful about the God that created us, and the God that we should seek to serve and love. Anyway, it was a pretty good service. I still missed good ol Parkview Alliance.

In related news, two and a half of my friends have been hired on by thier interning churches, and one other was offered but he turned it down. I am jealous. I would like to be hired on by my interning church, but i know that won't happen. I talked to Shawn and his vision is to grow the church and the staff and the ministry without growing the staff, so that is a closed door that i wish i could open. I am trusting God will take me where we wants me and where i can serve him well. God blessed me with a great internship and i know he will bless me and lead me to the correct ministry. Speaking of ministry, i feel like i want to get involved deeply in a church here in Calgary, but i simply do not know where to go. I used to go to First Alliance, but i feel like i don't want to go to church there, even though they just hired an awesome new youth pastor, i might stop in and check it out again. The crappy thing about that is, i will probably go back to Vermilion after the next school year if i can get my job at Webb's again. The job at Webb's sint the crappy part, the crappy part is i would have to leave whatever ministry i get involved with here in Calgary right as soon as schools done, and not when the ministry year is over. Anyway, it's kind of confusing, but I feel like that is my plan, especially if i graduate this next year, which would be absolutly phenominal, though perhaps not entirely possible, we shall see. The bottom line is, i would love to work at the Alliance Church in Vermilion with the staff that exists.

Yesterday my day was productive. I spent almost all my day making a mix cd. I finished it, and it turned out to be the absolute greatest mix Cd i have ever made. I can't stop listening to it, and it's not even for me, it's for Cara. Somehow, it came together musically, it flows, it vibes well, it conveys what i want it to convey, and the songs are all beautiful, meaningful works of amazing talent. I'm listening to it right now, and i would tell you whats on it, but i want it to be a surprise for Cara when we listen to it next weekend, cause i'm going camping with Cara and her family. It's going to be quite the time. I've already met her family, but now we have aunts and uncles and cousins and the whole kit and caboodle coming...(props to canoodling) Anyway, asides from all the driving i will have to do, it should be a rockin good time.

Hey, today i put Gel in my hair for the first time in like two years. I don't know why i did it, i just did, and golly gee did i look good today. I wore these new Jeans i bought from old navy, and they are blue, but they are the kind with the black, dark tinge to them, it was great. I also wore my rugby Jersy again, but i figured Calgary hadn't seen me in it yet, so it was ok. Anyway, my hair looks really good gelled, i might do it more often, though it's usually a pain in the but if you fall asleep with gel in your hair. Also, i continue to love having a beard. I feel like i wouldn't even recognize myself if i were to shave it off. I would probaby cry myself to sleep and hold my face closely cause i would be so cold.

Song of the day. So for some reason Tim and I have been talking about, singing, and laughing about a particular Beatles song today. The song is "Why Don't we Do it in the Road?" from thier Epic "White Album". The song is funny, and implies exactly what you think it implies, and as Tim and i walked and drove from place to place today we pointed out places where we could do it in the road. We had a good laugh. Anyway "Why don't we do it in the Road?" by the Beatles is the song of the day, and if you have the means and or the desire, i suggest you add it to your playlist and give it a little listen on this cloudy dreary day in Cow-Town. Hope you enjoyed this scattered blog, and that you have a splendid day, but i do not hope that you eat splenda today.

Peace Out from the Shaolin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home