Sunday, June 05, 2005

Two Weeks

So it's 10:20 on Sunday night, i'm here drinking a sprite, listening to Whiskeytown and feeling really, really good.

My life has been very interesting, well, ok maybe not interesting in that i have a lot of stories to tell about the crazy things i have done, but interesting in that it has been differant and wonderful to be in a dating relationship. Differant in that, it has been a long time, wonderful in that it feels good, not just to be in a relationship for relationships sake, but the relationship itself feels good, it feels right, it feels good to sit and talk (or listen to someone talk) for hours, to be quiet, to listen to music, to go places together everything is new again and everything is great, and i am so thankful for the gift God has given me here.

So, here is my life plan for the upcoming while. I am going to Vancouver in a few days (for a few days) for my sisters high school graduation, then i return to vermilion and work another week, then i move to Calgary for the rest of the summer. In Calgary i hope to find employment for the duration of the summer. I will miss this town, i will miss my friends, i will miss my church, i will obviously miss Cara, but moving to Calgary is the right thing to do. I look forward to my time in Calgary, it will be good to connect with old friends, to become familier again with old surroundings and even it will be good to test the mettle of this relationship. Being seperated will suck, but i feel this will force us to sink or swim as a couple, and thank god i am a great swimmer.

I have watched a lot of movies lately, well, not lately in the way i used to do when i was an intern, but lots of the time i spend with Cara is watching movies, some crappy, some good, some fun, but i seem to have watched a lot. For instance, last night we watched "Garfield" (neither of us picked that one) and "The Royal Tenenbaums" (can you guess who picked that one?). It was good to watch "Royal Tenenbaums" again, it makes me feel pretty great and gives me a good laugh. I like watching it with new people who have no idea whats going on, and are freaking out because the feel a real sexual tension between Richie and Margot Tenenbaum, his adopted sister. It just makes me laugh.

So tonight was the night i met Cara's dad for the first time. I was exceptionally nervous beforehand. Now i know what you are thinking..."nervous! The Shaolin does not get nervous!". Well i can truthfully say (because i try not to lie) that i was indeed nervous, but it all worked out and i got approved. I felt it went really well, there were a few awkward moments, but our relationship seems to thrive on awkwardness.

Other then that i am not sure what else to tell you. I am looking forward to going back to North Vancouver for a few days. Oh i know, my friend Joel and I are going to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge in George in August. This should be a high point road trip for me this summer. Still trying to work out the details, but come hell or high water i will be there. Also, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals are coming to Edmonton and i intend to view that show, and bring Cara, cause thats what i do. Anyway, be happy for me, cause i am happy, and don't forget that happiness and joy are two differant things, but i feel like i have both right now. Also been thinking about the differance between being in love and loving someone. Obviously i love all of you, but am i in love with you, well that depends on who you are i guess, but what does it all mean, what is better, is in love a phase? is it even something worth dealing with? it's a complicated subject, but matters of the heart often seem to be in my mind.

Song of the day is "Crazy bout you" by Whiskeytown. It describes my life at this juncture and it also includes a phrase i have been using. It's a great song, so if you have the means and or the desire i think you should check this crazy mofo out, because it is so good, and i am listening to it right now, how good of timing is that!? Obviously Whiskeytown is Ryan Adams alt-country band from before he went Solo, but the song to which i refer is off and Whiskeytown album that was released after he had begun his solo career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home