Saturday, June 04, 2005

"But everything looks perfect from far away,"

Good morning my friends.
I am currently at work, yet, because it is so dead, i am here blogging. This morning i showed up for work here at 7:00am, which is the normal time to come to work, yet no one was here. And when i say no one was here, i don't just mean customers, i mean, there was no one here...no customers, no co-workers, no animals, no nothing. So instead of going home i sat in my car and listened to "The Postal Service". Let it be known that The Postal Service has become one of my favorite musical groups in the last few days. Anyway, i felt inspired this morning as i sat and listened and looked out my windshield at the town of Vermilion, and the morning mist that was engulfing it. In my inspiration i wrote this.

"The Sleeping town awakes
emerges from the fog of morning
cold and hidden behind the warm exterior
is pain.
Outsiders can't see it, all they get is
the surface - which seems to be pure.
All towns have thier secrets
only in town there are no secrets.
You get to share your joy
but you can't hide your mistakes.
The eyes are watching
The ears are listening
and the mouths are judging.
Sleepy town emerge from your slumber
and open your heart to love and acceptance
not the gossip and hurt you seem to
only know."

So i wrote that this morning as i listened to the Postal Service and watched the town wake up, and as i thought about how much i have been finding out about people, how much everyone knows about everyone else in this town, and how i have had my perception of this town changed as i became more of a "townie" myself. I still love this town, and many of the people in it, and it's not any better or worse then other small towns, but hey, this was just my thoughts this morning.

I'll write more about the going ons of my life in more detail either tonight or tomorrow, i should go and pretend to work for a while. Peace and Lovc.

Whoa - Song of the day is "Be Still my Heart" by The Postal Service, which is the song i was listening to when i caught this inspiration to write. If you have the means or desire you should check out this song, and this band, they will blow your mind, and attach themselves to your heart like they have done to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home