Sunday, May 29, 2005

"El Churcho"

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!! (is what i would say if i was a military radio host during the vietnam war)

So, today's entry won't be very long, my apologies to you if you were expecting a novel of a blog considering i haven't written in this in a week. My life has been busy, and i have added a new commitment to my life that has kept me from blogging for the time being, but since i got up early this morning, i figure i would write a bit here before el churcho, which is not to be confused with "el scorcho" which is a great song by my reknewed heros, Weezer.

So first things first. Yesterday, or was it the day before? (i have lost all track of time and dates) i was at work....obviously....and i was doing what is known as a "Grass seed blend". Now in order to do this "Grass seed blend" i need to take the forklift and lift all of my grass seed and other various products (such as clover, alfalfa ect) up about 35 feet to the platform where we have to manually pour the product into the blender. So i do this, then i climb up to the platform and begin making my batches. Now there is another machine attached the this blender, and what it does is it pours fertalizer in with the grass seed, and then the blender which i pour it into blends it all. Now keep in mind when i say fertalizer, i don't mean cow crap, i mean things like phosphate, sulphur, and other apperant minerals that help stuff grow. Anyway, when doing a grass blend, the worst thing to have happen is for it to be windy, and it was windy on this day, so as i am pouring bags into the blender and as it is blending, the wind is kicking up all the dust and schmeg and causing me quite the annoyance. So after i was done, i climbed down collected all the bags i had thrown to the ground, put them in the trash, and then went inside to wash out my eyes, cause they were stinging and red from all the dust. As i looked in the mirror, i saw something funny. My windblown hair and beard were all dusty, thus giving it the "I've gone grey" affect. As i looked through bleary and tearing eyes, i noticed a striking resemblance between myself and Country Music legend Kenny Rogers. It was amazing, i really looked like Kenny Rogers, and to be honest it made my day, i mean Kenny Rogers is a freaken stud, for goodness sake he should've been on that "Elle Girl 50 hottest guys list"! Anyway, after that little episode, i cleaned myself up and went back to work. All afternoon i was singing "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers, it was kind of fun....

In other news, i have a g/f. For those of you who don't speak MSN, lol, brb, jkjk, lol, g/f,wtf...whoa did i just swear, sorry about that, this blog just got a PG13 rating. Anyway, yes, i have a girlfriend, her name is Cara. We have been dating for like 5 days. I feel pretty good about the situation.....more to come as it becomes pertinant and or available. Most of you know about this already, sorry to the ones that didn't.

Song of the day is "She believes in me" by Kenny Rogers. I know you were all hoping to be able to listen to "The Gambler" at the behest of my blog, but i was also thinking about the song "She believes in me" by Kenny that day, and i want to hear that one more. It's such a great song, even if you don't like country, Kenny is one artist who i think was able to transcend Country music, and still remain loyal to his roots, although his roots were actually rock, before he was every a popular country star, he was in a rock band, and i have the record, but i forget what his band was called. Also when i was very young, i got to see Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton live in concert. It must've been on the Island in the Stream Tour, ah, actually not, cause that song came out in the year i was born, but anyway, i seen them in concert, it was my first concert and it was pretty sweet. Also, his rock band was called "The First Edition". So if you have the means and or the desire check out "She Believes in Me" by Kenny Rogers.

Peace out

ps. I am reading a book called "God is closer then you think" by John Ortberg, really great book, giving me some great insights, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home