Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Elle Girl has snubbed me again

Hello

I just popped in my new Smith's CD. But if you were currently logged into MSN, you could know that without even reading my blog...yes...wonders of wonders, MSN has somehow created an option that will tell all of your MSN friends what it is exactly that you are listening to at that moment! Keen huh? So far most of the other people that i have seen using this option have been listening to crappy music, so i am hoping that my good tastes will influence them and turn this trend of crappy music from other people around.

How are you? I am fine, i am tired, though i have not been working as late or as hard these last couple of days. On Monday night it rained, and then it continued to Rain all day Tuesday which made farming futile, which made operating a business catering to the needs of farmers futile, so I left work on Tuesday at 1:30pm. After that i got myself cleaned up and went to Lloydminster with a friend. I needed to pick up some key items that i seem to be only able to get at Wal-Mart. As well as those things, i also got some photo's developed. 96 photo's to be exact. I always thought that even though i now had a digital camera i would continue to print my photo's on a regular basis, but that has proven untrue. I just printed pictures from last August, the fall and Christmas of 2004 and so on. So, i only have like 300 more pictures to print and then i will be up to date. It will be nice to have all my photos from my internship in a book. Some i also want to frame. I actually have a large number of photos that i want to frame. I used to make photo collages on my walls with tape, but more recently that mode of doing things has been wrecking my photos, but at the same time, sticky tac seems to have lost it's stickyness, so using it, is also out of the question. My answer to the problem is to simply frame the best and most important pictures and hang them on my walls where everyone can see my fun and wonderful photographs. I will miss the collage atmosphere of my photo's but my framing will be good as well.

Today, i was also thinking that i would not work late (though i didn't want to get off at 1:30 again), and in retrospect, i really didn't work that late, but i was hoping to be out by 5:30 or so, but i ended staying at work till 7:30. I wasn't even doing anything too productive, i was just filling our fertalizer bins so that we would not run out tomorrow. It's important i know, but seriously, all you do is flip a couple switches and wait for the alarm to go off to tell you that the bin is full. Lame-town USA! Work was actually pretty slow again today, even though it didn't rain. The ground was still to moist for farmers to do anything. I served four customers all day, thats how slow it was. Luckily this afforded me time to clean up a few huge piles of schmeg that had accumulated around the plant. Me and this other guy got to hang out and shovel all this crap into bags (the crap being wet fertilizer), which isn't a great job, but it definitly made better by doing it with another person. Later on we made a deliver of 88, ten litre jugs of a chemical called Glyfos. It is our biggest selling chemical product. They are boxed in twos, so the boxes actually weigh more then one of those big water machine bottles that are oh so popular out here in rural Alberta. So with that, i carried the equivalent of 45 big water jugs. It's good for my muscles though. Seriously when i get back to Calgary, (which is what i desire more then anything) i will be so buff you won't even recognize me. I will be walking down the street and i will see you and wave to you, and you will be like, "Whoa, who was that buff and extremely attractive man that just waved at me?" and if you are a female, you will also say "I wonder if i can go get his number" and then i will give you my number, and you will be like, "Hey, this is Mike Schalin's number!" and i will be like "I know". Sweet.....

I haven't shaved in a long time. I thought i would let it grow along with my hair, until my sisters grad, then i can get a shave and a haircut. I do enjoy a good shave and a haircut, especially if it is from my man back in North Vancouver. Seriously, ever since i was a baby this guy has been cutting my hair, and he is the man. If ever i can afford to wait to get haircuts from him, i do, and so thus, i am letting my hair grow as well as my beard, because he shapes it really well. Anyway, the whole point being, my neck is really itchy, i have a serious neck beard, like Rivers Cuomo circa Maladroit, or like Mike Schalin circa No Shave November (or any other time i don't feel like shaving). Anyway, my neck beard has been so itchy i have been very tempted to shave it, but i plan to hold fast. I hope i do.

I think that's enough random thoughts for today. Especially since i don't seem to have anymore, and since i wanted to call my parents and see how they are doing, and then go to bed. I am tired. I can't wait till the job is over.

Song of the day, hmmm, what to say, i don't want to use the Smith's, i am still getting into this new disc, so i will give you a new song by the band Weezer. The song of the day is "Beverly Hills". I am aware that it is currently thier big song, and it's cliche or whatever to pick songs that are currently popular, or so i was once told, but anyway, "Beverly Hills" is a great summer song, i love listening to it with my windows down whilst driving in my automobile. The whole new album is pretty great, but if you have the means and or the desire, check out "Beverly Hills" by Weezer. Speaking of Weezer (which is something i have done many times on this Blog) i read today that Rivers Cuomo "was named #43 on Elle Girl's 50 Hottest Guys list. "He's the enigmatic singer of Weezer. Even though he looks cute and harmless, we suspect there's a lot of weird stuff going on in that little genius head of his...which is -oddly enough- hot." This was all available information on the bands website www.weezer.com. I wondered how i stacked up against the top 43 guys on that list and so despite the fact that Elle Girl did not list me, here are they guys on this list that i am hotter than:
Gavin Degraw
James Lafferty (whose name reminds me of "Lafferty, Daniel" from Happy Gilmour)
Sean Faris (whose last name rhymes with Paris)
Bow Wow (enough said)
Jared Leto (he is so 1997)
Clay Aiken (i can't believe this guy made this list,, what a dingleberry)
Fabrizio Moretti (though i will admit his name is cool)
Alex Parker
8 other guys who for some reason were lumped together...probably cause i had never heard of them
Johnny Knoxville
Gaspard Ulliel
Alex Greenwald
Jonathan Rhys Myers (whose picture makes him look like a coke fiend)
Elijah Wood (by far i am hotter then the gayest of gay hobbits)
Gael Garcia Bernal
John Robinson
Rupert Grint (who i know realize play's Ron Weasly in the Harry Potter films)
Lou Taylor Pucci (this guy was #1)

Anyway, uh i kinda feel bad about telling you all how much more hot i am then these guys listed here. I feel like i don't know, bad for some reason, as if my talking bad about these guys will somehow be bad....but i will let it stand. Everyone needs to boost thier ego in a healthy way like comparing thier own physical attractivity to that of others every once in a while.....uh right.

My only concern with the afore mentioned list (available at www.ellegirl.com) was that Brad Pitt didn't make the list, and i (though not being gay, and i don't mean to bash gays with that Ellijah Wood comment earlier, but his portrayal of Frodo Baggins i believe strayed from it's original intended way a bit) am inscenced because Brad Pitt, just might be the most attractive man since John the Baptist.....for more on him read Matthew Chapter 3, verse 4 (in the Bible)

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Russell said...

Dearest Mike,

So I read your last five blogs in one sitting because i was away from the internet (more or less) for a couple weeks. Brilliant. First off let me say don't feel awkward about exposing your desire for love. Mike you exposed that ages ago buddy. I think your honesty on the topic is part of what makes you you. Everybody knows Mike is a crazed passionate romantic. That's cool man. Second of all what is with all the references to homosexuality??? Is their something we don't know about the passionate Shaolin??? Lastly thank you for your musical inspirations. I have also recently aquired Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman, the new Weezer and Green Day American Idiot. Oddly I am so far most enjoying the Green Day album which is the largest departure of musical genre for me of the three albums listed - what do you know.

Also Congratulations on beating so many guys on the Elle Girl list and also I agree Brad Pitt's the man who should be at the top.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home