Monday, May 16, 2005

HMV is not usually the haven of my happiness

Hey Everyone...or no one.

Sorry i haven't blogged in a while. You know how life is. Maybe you don't know how life is...maybe i should tell you. Life is pretty good. I realized today that when i am done work this week i will be halfway done my tenure working at Webb's in Vermilion. Once again, not that i don't like the job, but my heart years for Calgary, and my feet yearn to be washed.

So yesterday i was once again able to have the day off. I have been feeling lonely lately, so i decided to take the opportunity to try and hang out with some friends. After making a few phone calls, my situation was looking grim, but then i got a hold of my old friend Landon Mashon, and he was more then willing to hang out with me while i spent my $100 gift certificate at HMV ect. So yesterday made me very happy cause i spent a lot of money on a lot of CD's and to make it better, the money wasn't mine. Now i know what you want to know. "What CD's did you buy Mike?" Well, i was getting to that, but since you are so impatient i will just tell you. I bought:
1. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Cold Roses (which for some reason i want to keep calling Stone Roses, but it's not, it's Cold Roses
2. Green Day - American Idiot (really great disc that i had a burnt copy of, so i felt bad and bought the real thing, i prefer the real thing anyway)
3. Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman (the only one of the six CD's i bought that i have really been able to give a good listen to so far, and it is beautiful in many ways)
4. Heatmiser - Mic City Sons (A rare CD, from Elliott Smith's ((now deceased)) band Heatmiser, really quality stuff, despite the apperant homosexuality of everyone else in the band.....i don't even know what i mean by that, i like music by a lot of gay people....ok, just one)
5. The Smiths - Meat is Murder (The best selling album by the enigma of a band and for the low low price of $10.99)
6. Rufus Wainwright - Want One (Flaming Homosexual, whose musical exploits have been told to me, wanted to check him out ((Musically speaking you sickos)) and this one was also only $10.99)

All in all, it was a great day. The other CD i wanted to buy but didn't was the new Bruce Springsteen Album, but i only had so much money to spend. Today was an ok day, i thought it was going to suck, i totally thrashed a bag of Canola today spilling it's expensive contents everywhere in such a way that reminded me of a human main artery being sliced. You see, at work we have two Forklifts, one crappy one and one good one. The crappy one has two main problems. 1. You have to rev the engine in order to move the forks in any way, and 2. The forks and drastically uneven, meaning that when i get one fork in the right place, the other one is not always in the same place, meaning that today when i was moving a pallette of Canola, one of my forks, instead of going where it should've, went right into the stupid bag of Canola, causing me to say bad words within the confines of my own head. I thought this experiance would cause irreprible damage to my outlook on the day, but it didn't end up making me feel as bad as i thought it would.

What else to say? I suppose not too much.

Song of the day is "Gracie" by Ben Folds, from his latest album. The song is about his daughter, and it's quite beautiful. If i ever have a daughter, i hope that i could express my love and care for her with even half the talent Ben does on this wonderful song. Matt Russell, if you don't have this CD yet i feel bad for you, but i should mention that the album does feature Weird Al Yankovic singing background vocals on one song. You can't really tell it's him though, unless you really listen. Also amazing is Ben's tribute song to Elliott Smith called "Late". Great song, great CD, if you have the means and or the desire, check it out. Until next time, i bid you love and farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home