Friday, December 02, 2005

You....Can....Take....mybreathaway

It is inhumanely cold here in Calgary Today. Last night was also quite cold, as i walked from the C-Train Station home last night. It was eerie, there was no one else around to be seen on the white covered streets, as the snow fell silently on the city of Calgary. It made me want to listen to Elliott Smith. So I did when i got home. It was just what i needed. For some reason, I was able to read and focus and think about spiritual things. You see, on the morrow of last night, (which was today) I was supposed to meet with my mentor for the year, George Durance, and i had to do some reading to dialogue about, and listening to Elliott Smith, and his post-humous release "From A Basement on a Hill" was able to help me with that.

This morning, I was walking to school. On my way to meet with George, to a meeting that would turn into a great meeting by the way. So, I was at the corner before the school and I had two interactions with strangers. The first man was a construction worker who directed my attention to the Crane that was not building or deconstructing anything. I agreed with him, that perhaps it was too cold to work on the crane, and thats why noone was there, he agreed and then told me that he was supposed to be working, but it was too cold, and he didn't know that no one was working there today. That was it, we crossed the street and went in our seperate directions. As I stood on the opposite corner, waiting for the walk signal to be illuminated, an old man, looked at me with an angry and disgusted face and said (and i quote) "Why do all you young people go around looking like Pigs!? You Should Use a Razor on your face!" He seemed very angry and I was taken aback by the outburst. I didn't quite know what to make of him, so i said, "....alright" and then walked away. It was a very strange interaction, very humerous to me as well.

After my meeting with Dr. Durance (George) I took my sister to Safeway. She needed some groceries and someone to help her carry them home. So we went, and got them, and carried them home. Then i went up to my apartment to take care of some personal issues before i was to return to the school to write this blog and have a job interview at 1:15pm. So, i took care of the issues, and then got re-bundled up, and hopped on the elevator to go down one floor to the main level from which i could leave the building. As I stood in the elevator, i began to read to posters and announcements on the walls and as i did this, i began to sing. "I CAN BE YOUR HERO BABY, I CAN KISS AWAY YOUR PAIN!". Yes, that's right, I was singing a song by Enrique in the elevator at a very loud volume. Then the elevator door opened and there was some CTS Student who lives on my floor, sitting in the lobby, laughing at me. It was kinda embarressing, but oh well.

The Song of the day is indeed "Hero" by Enrique Iglasias. It's a nice song. You should listen to it and sing it to someone you love. Or if you don't love anybody, sing it to someone you like and or have a crush on, and or someone you are taking to the Christmas Banquet (hint hint) If you have the means and or the desire, you should listen to this song.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed these random stories. Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels comfortable posting on your blog... it is strangely quiet on here sometimes...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home