Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tim Houghton's favorite body part is the Shins...or so i've heard

What a weekend.

Yesterday was a fine day. Laced with a lack of productive behavior i lazed the day away waiting for a visit from my old friend Landon. He showed up and we had a good time. We watched a bit of the Senators and Leafs game, the first two periods to be exact, and then we headed out for supper. We didn't know where we were going to eat so we cruised a main drag (McLoed Trail) until we saw a place that was satisfactory to both of us. I don't remember now the name of the place, but i do remember it's ethnicity. It was a Chinese restoraunt, whose main feature and draw was a buffett supper and a mini habitat for about 10 large turtles. Now when i say Large Turtles, i'm not talking Galapogos Islands Large, but large enough to cover the vast expance that is my facial extremities. So inspired by the turtles was i, that i made many remarks like "Cowabunga, and Mutagen". Looking back, i wish i would've added the phrase "radical, radical, radical" to my phrasiology in referance to the adundance of turtles. Don't worry, i didn't eat any of them.....that i know of.

From there we ventured to the movie theater where we caught the first of what would be two films. First we caught Doom, which of course was mediocre. No, Mediocre is too nice of a term for that film. It was piss poor in every way, but then again, Doom wasn't my favorite game, i was not very good at it unless i had the god code on and even then, i never knew where to go. We had quite a few laughs at the expense of such people as "The Rock" and his many co-stars. Following that debacle, we switched to a comedy. We viewed "The 40 year old Virgin". It is a highly innapropriate movie, in the vein of films such as "Anchorman" and "The Wedding Crashers". I'll admit. I laughed. More then i did whilst watching the previously mentioned yet similar films, but still, very innapropriate film. I sat there thinking how i would never bring a girl to see this, and yet, right next to me, on the opposite side of Ol' Landon was two couples, and i was like, how can you feel comfortable watching this with women. It is vile, oh well. I feel like Cara would watch it with me, i guess i was just thinking how awkward it would be to take Bible College girls, or take a girl on a date to.

One time, in my first year of college, we went to the movies. And when i say We, i mean, me and my buddies and a bunch of girls some of them were trying to shark. I wasn't into that scene, or maybe there was one girl, i don't remember, it was so long ago. Anyway, point is, we were going to see some crappy movie, and it was sold out when we got there, so instead we bought tickets for one of the "Scary Movie" films, i think the second one. Within the first scene the girls we were with were disgusted and walking out. I was laughing, and then had to walk out with the rest of the team. Needless to say, Bible College girls have high standards when it comes to movies, some more so then others, props to a certain former crush of a former roomate of mine.
Two words: Johnny English.

Anyway, Landon came over after and we played some video games. It was good times overall. Then he left, then i went to sleep. And i think i might do the same sooner then later, but i might read some more of the book i am just starting to get engrossed in: "Through Painted Deserts" by my old friend Donald Miller. It's very poetic and thoughtful so far, but i am only two chapters in.

Speaking of two chapters, the sound on my computer has suddenly quit. I don't know what to do, it's very out of the blue. Like i went to play a song this evening and it simply would not. I was devestated. I still am, to be honest. I wanted to listen to the song "2 Become 1" by the Spice Girls. I know, that song is a guilty pleasure, i'm kind of embarresed, but obviously not too much, cause i just told you that i wanted to listen to it.

Today was spent mostly in the presence of my sister. We had a nutricious early supper of Nachos baked in the over whilst viewing two films of our own. I had her choose ones that she had never seen before, so she chose "10 things i hate about you" and "Garden State" two of my favorites. So much so that i have the song of the day to be from that particular soundtrack. Watching this film has reinvigorated my interest in a band called "The shins" so i have chosen thier song to be the song of the day, in particular the song "Caring is Creepy". I remember i downloaded it a long time ago, when i still had those abilities. It was cool. Check it out if you got the means and or the desire. Tim Houghton likes the Shins and so should you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

I don't know about high standards... i remember going to a movie with two bible college girls... the worst movie I had ever seen in my life... i wanted to walk out like 120 times... at least once a minute because it was so bad. Anyhow, this girl is now a pastor's wife and the other one is the wife of a seminarian scholar. Funny. Sugar and Spice. No, those were not their names but the name of the movie. Boooooo!

10:39 PM  
Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

I do like the shins, and I really like that my name is in the header, and I really like you. Woah, not like that, I mean in a Turk and JD type of way. Anyways, the Shins are awesome and so is Scrubs. Peace. Ira.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Shle said...

Mike.. I listened to music on your computer last night.. Dunno what your problem is..
I enjoyed the two movies we watched, thanks for that.

Much Love
Ashley
xoxo

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home