Sunday, November 27, 2005

Weekend at Bernie's

I am living the title of my blog. No, there is not another sequel to the hit movie series called "Weekend at Bernies", but i am indeed home-sitting for the loveable yet gargantuan of a man-academic dean known as Bernie.

It has been an interesting weekend, clearly i have not got as much work done as i would've liked to, but these things happen. You know what else happens? Pizza, Pizza happens often and wonderfully. My praises go to the managers and cookers at Pizza 73. We ordered Pizza last night and in a move based strictly on economics i ordered a Pepperoni Pizza and it was so so so so so so so good. Then i had the leftovers for breakfast, and once again, it was so so so so so so so so good. Now, i am getting hungry again, cause it is getting close to supper time, and i am craving a hot pepperoni pizza from Pizza 73. Two things come to mind: 1. 73=1973 which reminds me of 1974 which is a song by Ryan Adams, and 2. One time, actually the first time i ever had Pizza 73 was with some friends from V-Town (neither of which are currently in V-Town, but both of which are currently dating each other. Well someone else was there too, and she isn't in V-town either, but i'm missing the point and so are you) anyway, i couldn't finish my last peice of pizza and so i offered it as a peace offering between me and a pesky squirrell who was trying to get at my pizza anyway. I layed it in the bushes where he could access it. My one friend was astonished and offended by my act of love toward the squirrell who for the story shall now be named Argyle and his family. He was so angry that i was forced to pick it up and put it in a trash receptacle. Anyway, then i went home.

What else to say? We watched some sports. In fact i was even able to view my old pal Gabriel (no, not the angel) play hockey and lose. How sad for the little tyke. Nothing seems to be going his way these days.

My sister was looking at pictures of my fience in her wedding dress, and i freaked her out and pretended like i wanted to see, so i grabbed at the computer and caused her to scream and say a cursive word. Then she explained that she was nearly scared enough to "poop" in her wee little pantaloons. I feel this is awkward. Oh well.

I for one am running out of things to say, but look forward to a future blog where i rant and rave about the evils of liberal hippie Christians. I'm tempted to go off on it now, but i will save it.

Song of the day is "tequila sunrise" by The Eagles. The Eagles are one of the greatest american bands to ever come out of the United States of America. Thier fantastic blend of grassroots, country and rock was a ground breaking combination in the mainstream 1970's and i am so glad that they existed. Many of thier songs hold significant places in my heart, but tequila (an alcoholic beverage i have never tasted) sunrise is one that as i listened to it earlier in the day, it spoke to me. I wasn't even listening to the album version, i was listening to the Hell Freezes Over live version, and it's just so soft and melodious and smooth. The harmonies that the Eagles bring forth in this song are great. I friggen love this song. If you have the means and or the desire, check out this tune. Please check it out, you will enjoy it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaolin said...

I apologize Jon for my involvement with this squirrel. This incident occured very early in my internship, before i had any knowledge of your violent interactions with the death squirrel. Had i been aware at the time, i would've poisened the pizza first.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I'm mad at your involvement with a squirrel too! He's related (however distant it may be) to that gopher that lived under my cement pad at the dumpy apts on 50th ave!

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home