Friday, December 30, 2005

Landslide

Hey kids.
It's me, the not oft-posting blogger Mike Schalin from my parents home in Nor Vancouver, writing to let you know that I am still living and living fairly well. My Christmas was decent. Differant, had some strange occurances, emotions and so on, that characterized how my memory will remember this Christmas season. Mostly i've stayed home and visited with family. I haven't felt like going out and whooping it up, hitting the pub or really even seeing people here. But it's been good. I have relaxed a lot, haven't had much to do, which has been good, i've even worked a few days with my dad which i didn't expect to do, but i've gotta pay the bills somehow right. Anyway, I don't have anything exciting or witty to share with you, so here are the lyrics to a great song, and although lots of people think it's a Smashing Pumpkins song, and even more people think it's a Dixie Chicks song, they are all wrong. It's a Fleetwood Mac song, and it's great. It's also the song of the day. Now, don't think just because i chose this song that i am a half ass Fleetwood Mac song, i can almost guarantee that i know more about Fleetwood Mac then all of you reading this song, so don't diss me just because this song is overplayed by people who aren't really fans....I bet you don't even know who Stevie Nicks dedicated to this song to on the live version of this song from the album "The Dance"!? Didn't thinks so....

Landslide

"I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing
’cause I’ve built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring it down"

3 Comments:

Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

You are correct in assuming that I have no idea about Fleetwood Mac. In fact it is only because of The Shaolin that I know that Landslide is infact by Fleetwood. Props to you.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

I thought the Dixie Chicks wrote this? Also, James Taylor has an album about a landslide. Actually, it's a mudslide, but who really notices?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Matt Russell said...

Dear friend,
Just recently came back to reality after the mind numbing experience that has been my christmas break and read your blogs. I have interpretation of your dream for you. Obviously the context of you, me, Cath, and Connie is accrediation and the whole dream is a manifestation of your fear of accreditation. The involvement of others represent the many challenges represented in your life. Your epic battle with Kieran is a preview of your living situation - sorry it looks bad. You pegging off Amy reflects the disappointment that you have felt with United Soccer this year. The attack of the Vermillionaires is a little more complex and I will have to do more digging in your life to accurately explain that - but basically this is about accreditation being scary.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home