Friday, September 30, 2005

Adventures in House Sitting

"and it think it's gonna be a long long time"
"don't let the sun go down on me"

Those are two Elton John quotes that are on my mind right now. And when i say Elton John Quotes, i mean, two lyrical lines belonging to the artist Elton John.

I have been meaning to blog for quite some time now, but it seems i have come to need just the right situation to sit down and type out thoughts, feelings, events and other such situations. For instance, my roomate has internet in his room, but when i blog and or write emails (which is another thing i have pretty much stopped doing) I like to be in a clean place where i can tune out the rest of the world. For instance right now, i am hidden away in the student leadership office of my school, and listening to music on my headphones at a level that can only be described as incredilous. This is no knock on my roomate who may be reading this right now, but the truth is, his room is really messy, and i can't work in that kind of a situation. Even when i do homework at my own desk, i need it to be clean otherwise i can't focus.

Long Distance Sucks

I went to see the Canucks play the Calgary Flames a few days ago. It was an enjoyable evening despite the fact that my beloved Canucks were defeated. No excuses, it was sloppy and ugly hockey, but hey who's complaining after a year without the sport that i love and pine for. Speaking of pineing, i am playing on my school hockey team this year, which is something that i never saw happening, but it's true, every monday morning, i strap on my gear and hit the ice for some excersises that often test my ability to breathe. For instance, we have a skating drill called "The Huskey Killer". Huskeys were made to run, so if it something that could supposedly kill a Huskey by doing the thing that it supposedly does best, what do you think it does to me. If it could kill a Huskey, how am i supposed to do it? Anyway, we did a half version of it last practise and it almost killed me, and i think it actually did kill one of my other teammates, but luckily our trainer had her portable defibrulator to bring him back to life. Also, the jersy numbers we have to choose from are crappy. I'm going to end up being #35 or #51 or something stupid like that. Heck i would even settle for number 24 or 9 or 44, but only if i couldn't have 19, which has been my number for almost as long as i could remember. In fact, i used to practise my autograph, and it always had my number right up in the top right corner.

School is going alright. I'll tell you it's quite hard to be back here when your heart is not here. And i don't mean like my heart is in vermilion or something cheesy like that (though it is in vermilion, baby, don't get me wrong). but my heart is not in the classes aspect of school. I would gladly hang out and do all the other ministry aspects and relational aspects of going to school at CBC, but at present i have no desire to take classes, but i will, and i won't skip (too often).

I'm really hungry, i had to get up early this morning for a meeting with my Seminary Counterpart on the missions executive, regarding this event we are putting on together for the schools and i didn't eat nothing, and now i am hungery. I kind of hear an egg McMuffin calling my name, which kind of reminds me of Cara's roomate Muffin. Props to Muffin. Props to Cara for having a roomate named Muffin.

Good news from the world of Music. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals released thier second album as a cohesive unit, and though i still like thier previous effort "Cold Roses" better, thier second album "Jacksonville City Nights" is a beautiful record featuring some glorious songs in the most country vein i have ever heard from Ryan Adams. This is a real roots-country album, something Hank Williams would be proud of. What really blows my mind though, is there is not one profainity on this album, which is unheard of when it comes to Ryan Adams. Don't get me wrong, i think it's alright, but it's just really shocking to me, haveing amassed Ryan Adams total album catalogue, and knowing the amount of cursive language he usually uses in his music. One of the standout tracks on the new album is a duet with Norah Jones, who seems to be making the Duet rounds these days. (Foo Fighters, Ryan Adams, Ray Charles, William Shatner....just kidding, not William Shatner, but that would be cool)

Anyway, my advise to you is. Stay True to your school. and Be cool, drugs are for fools. And Pity the foos.

Song of the day is another by the long deseaced Elliott Smith. It's called "Kings Crossing" and it's another beauty from his Post-humous release "From a Basement on a Hill". I have heard the song many times and enjoyed it a great deal, but most recently it was the opening track on a compact disc mix cd made by Jon Kramer for Matt Russell, thats when it "Caught my eye" and by eye, i mean ear. But anyway, it's a great song, but i'm pretty sure it's about Heroin, or Crack, but it's a dark rocker, which is a good start in my books. So if you have the means and or the desire, listen to "Kings Crossing" and in the meantime, i am going to feed myself, and then go to chapel.

Stay Strong, don't do drugs
until next time
The Shaolin

1 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

Hmmm... I think that Ryan Adams is a ripoff of Bryan Adams. He used his name to try to make it big in the music industry... which he did to some extent. I have less respect for Norah Jones now that she is doing the duet rounds... I think she should be true to her school.

I also cannot blog in a dirty environment. I have a new one you should check out.

Spiderman, Brittany Murphy, Cheese Pizza, and the Subconscious.

Later!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home