Monday, October 03, 2005

Dashed Dreams Day

Funny that i'm still talking about dreams

I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 7am, turned it off and went back to sleep. Which in turn means i missed hockey practise, which no longer matters, because today, i ended my AUC hockey career. Thats right, i told the coach that i had to quit. My finances and my dreams of getting married require me to put my priorities in order, and to do that i came to the conclusion that the very expensive and time consuming hockey had to go. My dreams of playing hockey for my school, and playing the sport that i love with every fibre of my being has been dashed against the rocks. Don't get me wrong, i know it's right, it's the only thing i can do, but it still sucks the big one. Dashed Dream Number One.

What i failed to mention was that when i woke up at 7am, i heard the familier sounds of falling rain. At that moment i resolved to wear my grey brooks two south hoodie with my red plaid jacket that the buttons have all fallen off of. When i finally did get up at 8:50am, i showered, cleaned up, played a video game while waiting for troy, and got dressed. I wore what i wanted to wear, and then we opened the door to leave the apartment building and it was doing somethat that i hate. It was snowing. I was very angry, and i told God that snow was my least favorite creation of his. Even more then an ex-girlfriend of mine named Val. You see, Troy asked me if i hated snow more then i hated Val, and i said yes, because Val is out of my life and the snow isn't. Anyway, snow is dashed dream, because, you see whenever i want to go somewhere (aka: Vermilion or Spruce Grove for thanksgiving) the snow begins to fall, this happened several times last year as well, whenever i wanted to go to Calgary or Lloydminster. I hate the snow. Dashed Dream Number Two.

Then i went to school, cause i had an assesment to take for my accreditation process. I took that, and went and worked on my sociology assignment due tomorrow. I finished it, which felt good, then i went out of the workspace and bumped into Lisa, who was the person who was supposed to inform me of what i thought was my impending employment with the school that i so readily attend and love. Anyway, she asked me to come to her office, and she then informed me that the school would not be hiring me. I asked why, she said there were more qualified applicants. Then i tried to hide my frustration, but didn't do a very good job cause i made some snarky remard, put my sunglasses on and walked out. I was pissed off. I am still a little pissed off. All i wanted to do is work for my school by supporting and promoting them, and despite the fact that it is my desire to do these things, and despite the fact that i would be really good at it, they have decided not to hire me. I am not happy. I still need to find a job. Dashed Dream Number Three.

What a crappy Day.

Song of the Crappy day is the song "Man and a Women" by U2, from thier last release "How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb". Thats the cd i have been listening to today, i was missing U2, and so decided to give this record a spin. What a beauty. Anyway, check out "Man and a Women" by U2 if you have the means and or the Desire.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

Does this mean we aren't goin nowhere for thanksgiving? cause that would suck....
The snow didn't stick...

4:50 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I hate the fact that other people's bad days can make me laugh... i guess it isn't the bad day but rather the tone in which the bad day is communicated by the individual having the bad day.

Sorry to hear all that Mike... I hope tomorrow will be much more exciting for you. I too was the recipent of a bad day... it just happened to be my birthday which made it worse. Of course, I'm not explaining this in a way that is humourous so it may not be too funny to you.

I'm stopping.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

Hey Mike Shaolin
I'm sorry that you had a bad day, but I came up with an idea that will make you never have a bad day again.
I hear that your getting married to that beautiful woman who came out to camp to see you. Well, (here it is) I can be your flower girl for the wedding.
You don't have to thank me and I know your day just got better. ha..
God Bless, Joy

9:26 AM  
Blogger Shaolin said...

Thank you friends for all your concern regarding my day of dashed dreams ect. Thanks Jon for your suggestions, though i did not listen to Elliott Smith, whenever i listen to him, i always end up trying to stab myself in the chest and or do heroin.

And Joy we are holding auditions for the part of flower girl down here in Calgary at noon today, if you can make it down, i think you have a very good shot, but i guess you never got the message about the competition. Sorry better luck next time.

Ashley, we are going away for Thanksgiving, come hell or high water, but lets just pray it doesn't snow, just to be safe

And Kyle, i'm glad you can laugh at my misfortune, and it was good to talk to you this last night, i'll see you at some point this weekend.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Superjan said...

you could always work at The House again...c'mon I know you loved it

3:41 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I must reiterate that I didn't laugh at the fact that you had a bad day, but rather the way you communicated it seemed humourous. I don't revel in other people's bad fortunes... especially former interns! See you this weekend.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home