Saturday, August 27, 2005

Difficulties Faced by the Prodigal Son

As many of you know, i have resumed employment with my fathers company since returning to Nor Van. The last job we did, which took us a span of two days to complete, caused me to ponder some serious thoughts, due in full to the circumstances surrounding and the environment i found myself in.

A Co-Worker, not being my father is a smoker. I'm not here to bash smokers, at one point in my own life, i smoked a few cigars, and i have a few friends who smoke ciggerettes. Smoking ciggerettes does not make you a bad person, but.....this co-worker who smokes is unable to abandon himself from the wafting and poisenous smell that goes along with smoking ciggerettes. So what i am trying to say, is that it smells awful, i want to barf everytime he comes back from a smoke break. I don't see the attraction to smoking on such a regular basis, every once in a while to have a cigar was like, celebratory, or i don't even know, i regret it now, but to have one every once in a while with friends, didn't seem like a big deal, but if i smoked all the time, i feel like it would be differant. Anyway, three things, smoking makes you smell bad, rots your teeth and gives you cancer, but then again, so does everything else, but based on those three facts, i can't see myself ever smoking again.

The place where we worked was a nice house, large with a sizeable yard in both the front and back. One thing i noticed about the front yard is that it had many piles of dog crap in it, and the people who lived there had not a dog. So first of all, i wonered where it came from, but the rest of the time we worked there, my mind was concentrated on not stepping in it, because there are few worse things then stepping in dog crap. I'm not even kidding, there were at least three or four randomly placed poops on this yard, which were just left there. I got to thinking about how much i hated stepping in dog poop, and the recent occasion that i did it (at Bellevue Bible Camp. thanks to the Dog with No Name) and how annoyed i was, and then i got to thinking....

Which is grosser, the smoker smell, or dog poop? It's a tough call, cause i really hate them both, but i think i will give the nod to the smoke, because that stays with you longer and gets into your clothes and such, though on second thought, once you get that smell of dog poop in your nose, it doesn't matter how many times you wipe your shoe, it is with you for a while. Either way it is gross, and i didn't enjoy having to deal with it. Any thoughts?

Other then that, Cara got here and things are going great, my family loves her already which i knew they would, and then she is going to meet the boys tonight, when we go to Boston Pizza for a time of hanging out and meeting and greeting. Going to Church tomorrow, and then to Grandma and Grandpa's for supper, good times.

Song of the day is "Everything Reminds me of Her" by Elliott Smith. It's a great song that i really fell in love with about a year and a half ago. I love the way he aches and how he says everything reminds me of her, i can relate, but i also like how he talks about the church. He say's "and i gotta hear the same sermon all the time, from you people". I don't know if he is referring to a specific moment, or in general or not at all to the church, but it is a reminder to me, to see past the norm and see the truth in the situation and to not let God's message become stale through me. Anyway, Elliott is dead, he committed suicide, so i think you owe him that much to listen to the song whether or not you have the means and or the desire. I have it on a CD, and so does Tim Houghton, and Jon Kramer, who had some very interesting insight on the backstreet boys question, thanks to Jon for that.

Talk to you sooner then later i hope.

7 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

Hmmm.... to answer your question of where the dog crap came from, I'll highlight some basic biology. First, the dog eats food. The food is digested and stored in the bowels until the dog pushes it out his (you know what). Therefore, the crap comes from the dog's bum.

I agree with the smoking... smells like K-rap.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... are you sure it was dog poop? maybe it was your co-worker taking a smaokin dump break! hahaha...

and i am pretty sure that do-do you stepped in at camp belonged to one of the boys in your cabin... conviently blamed on "the dog with no name"! hahaha... the dog with no name... fond memories of better days gone by...

speaking of poop, i think nyah just filled her pants for my very accute poop detecting nostrils are picking up that familiar odor again...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Yes... I agree. The Dog with No Name was blamed for it, but I think it may just have been another nugget, although I couldn't remember a chalk outline.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... entirely possible hypothesis!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Shaolin said...

I Love how my honest and heart-felt question about the dog poop has now been turned into a joke about me pooping my pants

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... me too!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

I concur!!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home