Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm the brick and SHES drowning slowly

Hello Faithful fans and readers of the Chronicles.

My bad for being away for such a long time from this blog, you know it is never my intention to be cruel, but fate has hidden me away from long periods of internet uses for about a week.

Since our last correspondance, i have journeyed to Vermilion, Journeyed back to Calgary, slept, played video games, skipped one class, re-decided to play hockey at school this year, and eaten some pizza with the off-campus brothers to my residance floor "Hoos Hall:Featuring Sylvester Hall". It's been busy, and i have remained in an exhausted state since moving to this city a couple weeks ago. To qoute one of my heros William Shatner "at my age i need serenity, i need peace" and to continue the quote "It hasn't happened yet". Despite my apperant lack of serenity and peace, i feel like my energy and passion is returning. I woke up this morn, feeling rested and energized. So much so that i leapt from my bed across the room on to Troy, who was indeed lying in his own bed, making crass and innapropriate comments that caused me to release my flying rage on him. I thought about trying a "Swanton Bomb" from the top of the dresser, but i figured many of you wouldn't know what a "Swanton Bomb" was so i didn't do that. When i jumped, i tried to be careful and not break the bed, so i ended up smashing my shin on the side of his bed, it didn't feel very good, but it was all very comical and Troy was crying he was laughing so hard.

Speaking of crying, be careful of watching "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" what an emotional show....and thats all i have to say about that.

Yesterday, i watched the TV show "Lost". My roomate Kier had season one, and though i only watched the last 8 or nine episodes of season one, i was instantly hooked. We stayed up till 1:30 last night watching this. What a stupendous show. It even beats "Smallville" if you can imagine something doing that!?

Sorry, nothing philosophical to say today. Mostly just a quick report on the goings on in my life. I've been too lazy to think about anything seriously lately, but i feel a change coming on, not to be confused with feeling a cold one coming on, or drinking a cold one.

Today's song of the day is by an artist whose songwriting ability i admire. It's also by an artist that Matt Kinniburgh likes to look at pictures of. Subsequently, Mr. Kinniburgh is sitting beside me looking at pictures of this artist right now. Anyway, from his Album "Rock and Roll" Ryan Adam's radical and beautiful song "So Alive" is my pick for song of the day. When i first aquired this record, i listened to it. And once i had listened to it in it's entirity, i was able to choose this song as my favorite from the album. Many of my favorite songs by Mr. Adams are slow, and meloncholy and beautiful in that way. This song differs in that it is very guitary and loud and rock and rolly, if that even makes sense. It's got a fantastic riff that drives it as well as repetitive but remarkably passionate lyrics.


"Today I watched the boats
Moving through the harbor
Walking on water, in your arms I'd stay
Forever if I could
Forever if I may
Keep me in your thoughts, don't disappear

I am on your side
And so alive
And so alive

It isn't real
If this is how I feel
Then nothing now is true
And nothing now can ever be taken away from you
Sinking in the past
The things that shouldn't last
Just put to bed and stand beside me, stand beside me

Always on your side
I'm on your side
And so alive
And so alive
It isn't real
I am on your side
And so alive
And so alive
And so alive
I am on your side
And so alive
And so alive
So alive, alive, alive
I am on your side, on your side
I am on your side, on your side"

I wish i could write songs. Retract. I wish i could write great songs. You should really listen to this song. It is amazing. Depending on who you are, i might one day put it on a mix CD for you. If you got the means and or the desire check this tune out. I know i wrote about Ryan the other day, but you talk about what you are listening to, and Ryan Adams is what i have been listening to, though, now, and by now, i mean at exactly the moment i type this, i am listening to Ben Folds Five. Peace, Love, Harmony and War to you my friends and lovers, and by lovers, i mean people that i love, not people who i engage in intercourse with.

(The Shaolin pulls on his coller, breathes a shallow and awkward sounding breath, does a shifty eyed glance and say's "eeee, awkward", thus making it more awkward then it was)

1 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

I can't remember anything you said after you said another show was better than Smallville... or before for that matter.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home