Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Corn Challenges and The Stefan Lessard Band

What a whirlwind of a week.

On thursday of last week began an insane turn of events that has left me feeling awesome but barely concious. Thursday was the rehearsal dinner for the Kinniburgh-Korbell wedding extravaganza. It went well, i was fed steaks and potatoes and corn and salad. The corn obviously led to a corn challenge which was won by Matt's older brother Nathan.

Following the rehearsal, we took Matt out for a fun and embarresing night, which included some moments that shouldn't be shared and neither should the pictures. SO the next day went very well, Matt and Samantha got married and everyone was quite pleased. I got to see some old friends for a few moments which was nice, and i popped the button on my tux twice because i was too active in a clothing to meant for active purposes. Not to mention i am fat, and things like that, though appearing attractive upon my body, are uncomfortable and hot.

After the thing where people mingle and eat......the reception yeah, a few friends came to my apartment and hung out for a couple hours which was real dandy, we had some good laughs, and then i set off for slumberland (Not to be confused with that place that Joel Roos is interning) early because i had a long and early drive in the morn, which is not to be confused with the main ingrediant of a corn challenge. Alas, my sleep was short lived as other friends came over and started making a hoot which caused me to awake from my slumber, just as they were leaving of all times. So not only was i annoyed at being awoken, but then i didn't even get to visit with these other "ditch-out" friends. So, i seen them out the door, and then returned to bed, exhausted, annoyed and apprehensive regarding the long drive ahead of me.

That morning i rose from my bed in Pentland Apartments for the final time, packed my bag (and forgot a bunch of my t-shirts i only just today realized) and hauled everything to the car and embarked to find both a breakfast and some sort of over-priced fuel to fill my auto-mobile's fuel container. Then i began the many hour journey with the musical stylings of Mike's Mecca 5 (the anniversary edition). It was a long drive and it happened without incident bringing me into Vancouver at an embarresing 6pm. I had supper with my grandparents and parents and sister, and then called Cara and went to bed being fully aware that another drive awaited me in the morn (Not to be confused with the main ingrediant of a corn challenge) Though this drive was not to my home, it was to Washington State, and more specifically, The Gorge in George Washington.

Why did i go the the Gorge you might ask? Well, i went with Vermilion friend Joel Ellard to see and experiance Dave Matthews Band live in concert! What an experiance it was! We got to our hotel early, and we went and jumped in a lake to cool off from the hot hot heat that was crippling us, while we stayed in the lovely town of Ellensburg. From the Lake we ventured to the Gorge to begin the 3 hour wait for the concert to start. That was a long time to wait, but it was worth it to get high quality seats on the grassy knoll. Ok, it was more like a grassy mountain then a knoll, but knoll is such a cute word.

Dave Matthews and his band took the stage after a sold set from opening act "The North Mississippi All Stars" and blew my mind. They restored my love in their music because thier three hour live set was so, so, so, so amazing. They were tight as a band, musically, and they had a great set list that went back and forth from older to fresh songs, with awesome seugues and hitting at least one song from every studio album. It was beautiful. Three highlights for me. Improptu cover of "Blackbird", which of course is NOT a Sarah McLachlan song, but is a Beatles song as i had to explain to a dingleberry sitting behind me. Also, when they played "All along the watchtower" it was spectacular, it was like a spiritual moment. Then my favorite moment was when they played my favorite DMB song "Crush" in the encore performance. That blew my mind. Anyway, my fingers are getting sore, so i am going to move on. If you really want to hear about it, ask my, i'll do it much more justice that way anyhow.

Since then. i've come home, and started working for DC GLass to make some extra coin. I am looking forward to a relaxing couple of weeks, reconnecting with old friends and family, as well as introducing Cara to those people.

Song of the Day is "Bartender" by Dave Matthews Band which i seen live. It was like 13 minutes or more. Amazing, check it out if you have the means and or the desire. Gotta Go, supper time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

I hate explaining things to dingleberrys. You'd think most people would know these things. Things like not driving over the eavstroph on the side of the Edge building like this dingleberry in a faded blue pick-up truck just did as I watched him from Nita's computer desk.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home