Sunday, April 17, 2005

Why does my finger hurt?

It’s been a long time since I last was here and blogging. With the amount of blogging I have been doing lately, I am starting to feel like Tim Houghton…(whoa buddy, just jokes, it was a harmless rib used in love). Anyway, my life has become busy, also, it has become a bit of a burden lately for me to blog. I sit down to do it and I feel guilty cause I haven’t done it in a long time. Anyway, I’m not making excuses; I am just telling you that my top priority hasn’t been blogging lately. Sorry, I will try to better, seeing as I doubt I will get to blog at all once I start my job here in vermilion, mostly cause when I’m not at work, I hope to be asleep, and also the place I am moving doesn’t have a computer.

So as of today, I have 14 days left as an intern. This blows my mind, it has gone by so fast it’s not even funny. So I have discovered a new Playstation 2 game. I’m sure you’re not too interested in hearing about my nerdy ways, but that’s about all I have to talk about right now. My friend and I rented this game called NBA Street, and it’s like you play basketball on street courts and stuff. It’s actually pretty fun, and it’s fairly easy which makes a person like me (who is actually terrible at video games) quite happy. In fact, I created myself in the game, and I had a game in my career, where my rival (Biggie Littles) brought in Vince Carter to help him beat me, but I beat Vince, it was pretty awesome, well, it was fun to beat a video game version of a pretty good basketball player. Ok, I realize no one cares about this….

Playing this game reminded me of a time when I actually used to like basketball. Well, there were only two times in my life when I played a significant amount of basketball…wait maybe there are four. But it made me think about my time before and after I went to the Philippines in the summer of 2002 (not to be confused with the “Unforgettable Summer of 2001”) where I played basketball. You see, as part of our trip we were going to be interacting with locals. We were told that a good way to do that is through playing basketball with them, so me and some friends/missions trip teammates, Adam and Matt, decided to spend some time honing our Basketball Skills. We even made a mix CD of Rap songs to listen to while we played Basketball. It was good times, even though I was and still am a terrible basketball player. We would be out in the summer sun, with our African American Rhythms blasting from our boom box, looking like total fool white boys, playing a game that we weren’t very good at. Anyway, I would love to do that again sometime. So if you have some hip-hop music and a desire to beat me at basketball, then by all means, give me a call.

I Had a Junior High Boys event this weekend. We watched all three original Star Wars movies in one night as well as playing a floor hockey tournament, eating Pizza and playing another game called PIG. I didn’t sleep at all the entire night, not many did. This fatigue is actually catching up with me this exact moment. Do you know the feeling, when you are feeling fine then all of the sudden you feel the grip of fatigue, and you know you need to go to bed. Well that just happened, but I probably won’t go to bed. I still want to watch the film “Rudy” tonight, because I have had Kyle’s copy for like over a week, and also video games are calling my name in an effort to replace human relationship. That’s a bad scene….

Anyway, Song of the day. I have been listening to a lot of music that you might not expect lately and I have been enjoying it to be quite honest. For example, I have been listening to Sum 41’s latest album “Chuck” and I have been loving it. Therefore, my song of the day will come from that album. The song is “The Bitter End” which is blatantly ripped off from any Metallica song from “Master of Puppets”, but hey, what can you do. If you don’t like music that isn’t soft, you won’t like this song. If you have the means and or the desire, check this song out, also it has some wicked Guitar. Sorry, I am really out of it now, I feel incoherent mentally. Gotta Sleep, Gotta Sleep, Gotta play mindless games……

ps. just in case you were wondering, my pointer finger on my left hand hurts, right on the tip....and i don't know why

1 Comments:

Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

That was a cheap but well deserved shot at me. I take partial responsibility for the lack of my blogging, and donate the other half to my attempting to graduate and continue my journey of life. Anyways I feel guilty being on the internet since I should be reading about Canadian Cultural History, which I have an exam in tomorrow.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home