Thursday, April 07, 2005

Blog Opposites, say it together really fast "Blogopposites"

Although, i am pleased for my Friend Matt Russell, who recieved over and above what he asked for in scholerships, i am not happy with this subject. For the fourth consecutive year, i have been rejected in my attempt to get a scholership. I am beginning to feel like the lady (who shall remain nameless) who picks all the people for scholerships has a personal vendetta against me, and doesn't want to give me any scholership money. Ok, i don't actually think that, but after four years, and with my specified ministry/career goals, you would think that by now that i would have recieved some semblance of a scholership. Even a Tim Houghton $50 one would be ok! But once again, i feel ripped off and disgruntled that i did not recieve even an honorable mention in scholerships, but for whatever reason was passed over. I have no clue what is holding me back from recieveing a scholership, my grades have even improved every year, do you have to be on the deans list to get one? The other thing that was brought up by my friend Tim Houghton is that they (the school to which i attend, though at this second my alliegance does not lie with) made a decision to give more scholerships to students who were pre-registered for next year. I don't know if that means if you weren't pre-registered that you would be less likely to get a scholership or what, but if it is the case that they wanted to give scholerships to students who were pre-registed, i would've appreciated an opportunity to do that. You see, being on Internship, the school doesn't send me any information regarding pre-registration or anything like that. I didn't even know that the packages were out, so how is a student on internship supposed to pre-register unless someone sends him a package or makes him or her, aware that the pre-reg stuff is available on the web-site? I don't know if Matt Russell had pre-registered, or any of the on-site students, but let's be honest, despite his sometimes cynicism and former frustrations with the school, he is one of thier favoirite students. Not that i am downplaying Matt's deserving of a scholership, but i am just interested in knowing if you kids pre-registered. Anyway, i am disappointed in not recieveing a scholership, and will let it rest there. God will provide in another way, i do believe that, it's just annoying, and i havn't been pissed off at the school for a long time, so cut me some slack here people. I will leave it at that.

Song of the day: Crystal Village by Pete Yorn. Crystal Village is from Pete's second album, and it is the first full song (after the intro). It is one of the songs that exist that when i hear it actually make my body move, i just want to rock out and sing. It's not even that deep of a song, but it's really good, and so is Pete. I am not very deep so, it always makes me think of my friend Crystal. I was thinking about that song this morning when i got out of the shower because i was gonna bring it in my car, but then i couldn't find my travelling CD case, so i just didn't bring it today. It's a great song, check it out if you have the means and or the desire.
"Apathy Reigns in this Place"

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Russell said...

Dear Mike,

You misspelled scholarship and this is why you did not receive one, I'm sorry. To answer your question, no I did not pre-register, though recently I found out that you have to download the forms from the school website and send them in. Since learning this I have sent said forms, but they would not have yet arrived. One of the school's favorite students? Hummm, interesting I'm guessing that means Durand-Durand and Needenhammer are not on the scholarship committee.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home