Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Times like these

Greetings again my friends, how are you? I am well, although I am feeling very fatigued, I feel like I could fall asleep right now here at the computer, and it’s only 9:00pm Vermilion time. Maybe I should go and get a soda so that I can pep things up a bit. Hold on while I go get one. Ok, I’m back. I’d like to tell you about life as an intern.

As an intern, your life purpose is to learn. All you do is work, and read and practice doing all the things that you love most and the things that God has made passionate in your heart. Who am I kidding! The life of an intern is all about getting invited out for meals and hanging out with people from the Church! Literally, I just got back from one of the biggest most intense meals the world has seen. A Roast Beef Dinner, Mashed potatoes, Carrots, gravy and the most incredible perogies I have ever tasted. It was so amazing, and this happens all the time. People just want to me hang around with them, and the figure the best way to do that is to feed me, and that isn’t far from the truth. It’s a fairly awesome gig; I recommend it to any of you out there.

Ok, this is the worst blog ever. I have nothing to say, I don’t know why I am even bothering to write, I’m still so mentally spent from last night’s blog. There wasn’t a whole lot of commenting on it, except from Chemo and Russell, and in some ways I guess I expected that. Anyway, life is good, I spent some time with Mark T today, and we chatted for a while about my desire to be involved with the Missions Executive Next year at school. For those of you who never went to CBC, the Missions Executive is like the missions team of the school, they promote missions and anyway, it’s a group of people who are passionate about missions. Mark encouraged me and affirmed my gifting, making me think, maybe I should apply for President, but I’m still not convinced. According to the current prez, I have until March to decide. This has actually been on my mind a great deal lately because I want to make sure I am making the right decision and making it for the right reasons. I talked to Mark about a desire to revitalize the mission’s executive in the school, and also spread a passion for missions and at the same time show that you don’t have to want to be a missionary to be passionate about missions. The more I think about it, the more excited I get, and it helps me cover up my despair of leaving Vermilion.

Song of the Day, hmmm, what did I listen to today? I know! The song of the day is “Fall to pieces” by Velvet Revolver. Now, many of you might question this choice, and call me a loser, but here’s the deal. I am pretty mellow with my music these days, but there is something about the music of Velvet Revolver that brings me back to a time in my life when rock stars were rock stars and rock music rocked! It awakened something in my soul that no new song had done in a very long time. The combination of Stone Temple Pilots and Guns N’ Roses showed me that it is ok to rock again, and that electric guitar is not dead. As long as Slash lives, Rock and Roll will never die….unless he does another album with Slash’s Snakepit, they weren’t very good. Anyway, it’s a rockin’ song, and I love it, so if you have the desire and or the means, check it out, you will only be disappointed if you are a closed minded rock snob, or if you are a girl who doesn’t like hard rocking music. Anyway that’s all for today, much love…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home