Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Just a quick note to say hello

Hello.....

haha, i am sadam funny (so damn). Double funny today. Life rolls along as per usual. Work was especially slow today, embarressingly slow, so embarresing in fact, that as i spoke to a co-worker, i leaned a little too heavily and a display of compact discs and it came crashing down. I felt like a tool.

So if you care about Church, and Ministry you should the last couple of blogs by Jon Kramer, his site is linked on my site, just down on the left, you should be able to find it. Jon made some great observations and made me think and speak, it's pretty easy to get me to think, but to speak, that is a whole differant story.

So, I am listening to the proto-type for the latest mix cd i'm making. I named it the Purgatorial mix. You see, Purgatory is a place (not really) that you go to when judgement finds you neither all that bad or all that great. Anyway, it's this in between state where nothing is wonderful, and nothing is terrible, but you are stuck and there is not much you can do to improve your situation, at least not very quickly. Anyway, that is how i have been describing my life to people. I'm at a place where i can do nothing, but wait for the responces, reactions, and actions of others. I can't do much for my father medically speaking, and it doesn't help for me to worry either cause that only brings me down. I'm working a decent job, though not the job i ultimatly want, thought the job i ultimatly want could be in waiting, but at the time, it's not really up to me. I'm engaged and almost married, but that day can't come fast enough, it's "already but not yet" to quote a fantastic biblical professor and author.

Anyway, some old favorites like Elton John, Ryan Adams, Counting Crows, Matt Good, Elliott Smith, and the Eels. Some newbies like Calexico, Neil Young, Radiohead, Nichole Nyeahordeman, and The Shins. Not that these artists are new to me, but these artists are making Mix CD debuts, or thier second appearance whereas, Matt Good, Elton John, and Ryan Adams have been on more mix cd's then Al Gore, and Al Gore has been on a lot of mix cds.

So mostly, not too much to say obviously. Though I have been making a huge effort to see friends these days as it is becoming more and more clear that my friends and I won't live in the same city forever. So i'm doing everything i can to spend time with those dearest to me, though some have rejected my pleas for companionship (cough....cough...Matt Russell). But i'm not bitter, at least not as Bitter as Alanis Morrisette was on her major label debut "Jagged Little Pill", man that was a little much, but i did like the song, "Head over Feet".

So agreed this is a hodge-podge, an assortment of thoughts and ramblings which will serve no purpose other then releasing some stuff and giving you a look into the tangled cobwebs that is my brains, which incedently have not been splattered against the wall in a horrible robbery attempt, though because i have a hero complex, i have fantasized about foiling a robbery at Christian Publications, which is highly unlikely, but i always look good with two bad guys down and a gun in my hand.

Also, Canada's next top Model and Gilmour Girls are excellent shows. Cara and I watch CNTM every wednesday, and We have season one of Gilmour Girls on DVD, so we are watching that whenever we get a chance. It's all pretty girly, but hey, I can't be all testosterone can I? Unfortunatly, i have a bad feeling like one of the girls on the show that i hate is going to with the model show. I don't like Sisi, Brandi, Andrea, or Tamika. Which leaves me with Alanna, and Alyenia. I have liked Alyenia since day one, but i don't feel like she is going to win. That breaks my little heart. Everyone they have gotten rid of so far is someone that i like. Poopers, thats what i say. ANyway, i think i am going to hit the sack and while so doing partake in a film. So i bid you goodnight, and sweet dreams of Every Rose having it's thorn, and Mesh t-shirts, and Sleemans Honey Brown. mmmmm Sleemans.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mike for sharing with us a little piece of your mind and continuing to share what is going on even if things are dule and in pergatory... I thank you my friend.

TheDrake

11:17 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

Hmm.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home