Thursday, March 30, 2006

A True Story or Two

Yesterday was Wednesday. What that means for me is that i have to arise at the ungodly hour of 7am in order to make it to my 8:15 class. Yesterday (Wednesday) Morning, I woke to my alarm, and felt especially exhausted and had very, very, very little desire to get out of bed. So i lay there for a good ten minutes listening to the news on the radio before my phone rang. The love of my life was calling, and she had some information for me. She told me what she needed to, and then we went on with our days seperatly. I headed for the shower, and she headed for, well i don't know, cause i wasn't there. After i emerged from the shower, i dried myself and began the re-clothification process. I noticed that my boxer-briefs felt a little uncomfortable, but didn't notice it too much, continued with the process and scurried off to school with Green Day blasting in my ears. I attended a class that was a waste of my time, and then headed home for an hour before i had to be at chapel. Upon returning home i felt the need to visit the john and do my natural business. As i made the journey and began the process i noticed that my boxers were on backwards. I really felt like an idiot. So, I fixed it, and proceeded to keep it to myself until now. I have shared my shame with you.

In other news, i have cast my ballot, and made my speech to possibly serve as student coucil presidant for the next school year. This is exciting, but also nerve wracking because if i win, i will be forthwith committed to the city of Calgary until May of next year. Scary, especially considering that Churches are calling, and emailing me. It's been really tough to watch my friends start the process of finding a church, and having to sit and wait, but it's been even more tough to start hearing from churches and say no to them. It's a little scary, and i know that people have told me that it isn't bad to say no, or anything like that, but I feel a little like, the more i say no, the less churches are going to want to talk to me. Even though i know this isn't true, it's still a uncomfortable feeling that exists in the pit of my stomach. So far, i have been contacted by Churches in Bonnyville, Sherwood Park, and now Maple Ridge, and so far, i have had to tell them all no. I hope i'm doing the right thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bassmaster Fehr said...

You would have my vote for president, but since I won't be a student there until September, I guess my vote doesn't count right now!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Shle said...

I voted for you.. woooot!
Love you

11:06 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

Well... I thought Maple Ridge would be a good consideration... take your time though if you need it... School President... hmmm... you'd do well.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home