Monday, March 06, 2006

It's Rush Hour

Last night I had a dream. I woke from it with a start, because it was confusing, and for a few moments i was convinced that these things in my dream had actually happened. It was distressing, as dreams can be, and all thats left of it in my mind is bits and pieces, images and flashbacks to scattered images and emotions. So here it is.

JON KRAMER IS DEAD.

I find myself at some sort of service, or after service gathering sitting with his wife Kim, comforting her, trying to piece together the details of what happened.

He died in a horrible Car wreck, and it was so bad, his body was basically torn in two and scattered in a bloody, pulpy, mess down the road for about 4 city blocks.

and the next thing i remember is actually very strange.

JON was alive, and so then i was confused, and i thought, was it Kim who died? but no, JON KRAMER WAS DEAD, but was no alive as if this previous part of the dream never happened.

Then i was comforting my friend Colin Turner, he was a wreck, as if his wife had died, but that was never stated or even really implictily implied, but he was weeping and with the snot and so on.

Why am I dreaming about these people? I don't know. Maybe cause i check Jon's blog and it hasn't been updated in a while, and i feel like he's dead in my sub-concious. Colin? I don't know, i haven't seen Colin since last week and we only spent about 20 minutes together, although i did watch him play a soccer game on Friday afternoon. Who knows.

Why am i dreaming about death? My dad's uncle (so it would be my great uncle) passed away very early Thursday morning, and so my parents flew out and the funeral service was actually today. So it makes sense that death would be in my dream, but anyway, i just wanted to share that with you all, cause it shows once again how interesting dreams can be, and also it shows how i am incredibly fascinated by dreams. If i wasn't being a pastor, i would be a scientist who studies dreams and that sort of thing. Anyway, it was a lovely service, and a wonderful time of visiting and re-connecting with family.

I feel like i actually had more to share with you, like some little nugget of substance, but apperantly not, just a morbid dream. Maybe it will come to me later.

Song of the day: Peaceful Valley - Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. I know i used these guys alot back in January and December and so on, but this is the currently playing song on my MP3 player, and so it has become the song of the day, and it is about death and heaven and stuff, so it at least has some connection to my thoughts and meanderings.

Oh i think i wanted to talk about my hero complex....maybe some other time.

ps. all the graphic stuff about Jon Kramer's death in my dream was false. I dreamed he died in a car accident, but when i told Matt Russell about it, he suggested i include some graphic details for Jon's amusement.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

That's a scary dream... glad i'm not in your dreams!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I had a scary dream last night... MIKE STOPPED BLOGGING!! Tell me this isn't prophetic!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home