Saturday, January 28, 2006

Incomplete

No, this isn't a blog about the return of the backstreet boys and how i felt while they were not together making beautiful music....though, i suppose it could've been, but that's too predictable.
When i graduated from high school, my grandparents gave me a gift. They gave me a piece of jewlery, a gold chain with a cross on it. I got to pick the cross, and the chain, and since i got it, i have rarely removed it from my body.
But as i sit here, typing away with my fingers, and hands that are still sore from hockey, i am chainless, or to put it in a phrase Johnny Cash would enjoy "Unchained". You see, last night, at the end of the game, my good friend and groomsman, Matt Kinniburgh and I decided to engage in a play hockey fight. I like to do these, because i am good at them for the most part. So, i jerseyed matt, and started feeding him right hands to the solar plexus, and he had his hand on my Jersey, but unbeknowenst to either of us, he had also gripped with a death grip onto my chain, which he managed to break. From that moment (i have been blessed, i live only....for your happiness....oh my gosh did i just quote a Shania Twain song!? Shoot me now for the love of God, shoot me now!) I have felt incomplete. Like a part of me is missing, like my leg or my face, or i guess, my chain that i have been wearing for the better part of five years. My neck doesn't feel right, my chest hair (in which my chain often gets tangled) feels empty. PS. This is what Matt looked like after i beat him up for breaking my chain. (not actually, don't be alarmed, but if we really would've fought, thats what he would've looked like, unless he would've done something dirty, like poke me in the eye and kick me in the groin, which is more then likely what Kinny would do in a fight.)


All of this is to say, it's remarkable how something so small and seemingly insignificant can alter your perceptions, and your feelings of "rightness" or completeness. I don't know, something so small, and now i feel out of sorts. It could also be all in my mind. I do seem to exaggerate things in my brain, because i like to have things to write about on my blog sometimes. Anyway. That's about it, i am going to battle every man now. Oh yeah, i guess i didn't mention that, veteran B.C. Youth Pastor - Dave Sattler, has come back to the school to lead a seminar on purity, intimacy, sexuality and the like, which has been good so far, but i look forward to what's going to happen on this day.

Song of the day: "Message in a Bottle" - by 80's supergroup, The Police. In case you were wondering, yes, Sting (the musician not the wrestler) was the bass player and lead singer of the 80's supergroup, The Police. Anyway, "Message in a Bottle" is a decent song by the 80's supergroup, The Police, and it would be worth your while to investigate this song by 80's supergroup, The Police. If y'all got the means and er the desire, check out "Message in a Bottle" by 80's supergroup, The Police.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

Are u going to get it fixed? please tell me u didnt loose it..

11:41 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

All I could think about were Unchained Melodies... Righteous my friend, Righteous Brothers.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home