Thursday, March 17, 2005

Dear Chicago

So, once again I am leaving town. Tomorrow at noon I am leaving (with 10 teens and 2 other adults) to make the journey down to Calgary Albeta Canada for Youth Conference. I am , and have been looking forward to this for a very long time, but am now feeling apprenhensive for two reaosns. 1. This event/trip has been planned by me, and I am scared something is going to fall through and I am going to be screwed. 2. I am apprehensive because of the weather/road conditions. The snow has been fallin here since yesterday and is really starting to accumulate. Which makes me very angry. I hate the snow. This morning as I was driving to work, I realized that I would assert before a jury of my peers that Snow, is the worst weather or meteorlogical phenomanon that could ever exist. It is worse then tornados, worse then hurricanes, worse then any kind of weather thing. I hate the snow! As I was returning from a wonderful lunch at subway, I started singing a song about how much I hate the snow, and it went like this:

“Don’t you know,
that I hate snow with every fibre in my being.
Don’t you know,
That nothing makes me unhappier then the snow”

It’s a start anyway. I was actually singing this song out loud, and then I realzied there are other people around who can probably hear me and they might think I am crazy. Don’t get me wrong, I am proud of the fact that I hate the snow, I’m not ashamed of that, but I don’t want people to think I am crazy, especially if I am trying to get a job in this town. I had an A&W breakfast this morning, and the lady asked me how I was, and I told her that I was annoyed because of the snow. I really hate the snow, have I mentioned that lately?

Anyway, so my last assingment for that Philosophy Class I took is due on Friday, which makes me happy, because the book I am currently reading is not really all that interesting or through provoking to me, I feel like it is a re-cap of the class itself. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the late Dr. Stanley J. Grenz, but much of what he is writing is either review or over my head, so once I get back from Youth Conference I will be able to dive into a book that I find more insight from and maybe some of my blogs will be more introspective, rather then all details and events, not that there is anything wrong with details and events, because they are true and fun, and interesting, but I like to think as well as just let stuff happen.

Today’s song of the day is “Wore me Down” by Rachel Yamagata. I mentioned this women a couple times on my blog lately, but today is the day that she is featured on the song of the day section. This is my favorite Rachel Yamagata song from her debut album “Happenstance”. It’s a really cool song, it reminds me of Pete Yorn a little bit to be honest. Rachel is a singersongwriter from the Chicago area, which makes me wonder if maybe I saw her while I was in Chicago those two times. And when I say I was in Chicago, I mean I drove through it one the way to and back from Kentucky with Colter and Joel. Anyway, check out “Wore me Down” if you have the means and or the desire. And if you don’t have the means I am going to give it to you, because she lets you listen to her songs on her website www.rachelyamagata.com So I will leave you with that and a request for prayer in travel and energy for this weekend. Peace Y’all!

1 Comments:

Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

Does Rachel have a song titled "Woman in Uniform"?

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home