Sunday, January 23, 2005

New legislation for mandatory naps

My body is riddled with fatigue. I have become slightly addicted to playing hockey on my PS2, so much so that I have once again had a late night of NHL 2005 action, leading me to a day of fatigue and unabashed exhaustion. But I think I am going to take a nap, so I will be alright. I think I might listen to music while I take my nap; I used to do this in college (more specifically my first two years) and I would often have strange dreams where as part of the dream I would be trying to turn off the music but I wouldn’t be able to. It was very trippy, for more information you can talk to Tim Houghton, he was there. Now that I think about it, the messed up dreams may have been a result of listening to Radiohead’s two albums “The Bends” and “OK Computer” while I slept. Those can mess me up while I’m awake, I can’t imagine what they would do to my dreams!

Anyway, I don’t have anything really deep to talk about right now, so if you are looking for depth and vulnerability, either read my previous two entries or read Matt Russell’s latest one. I suppose today will be more of a recapping day, which is fine by me. Yesterday was a good day, I didn’t have much work to do, so I spent most of it doing things that I like to do. I did quite a bit of reading, I suppose I could get into that, but I don’t feel like it because my mental fatigue at this point equals my bodily fatigue. I am currently reading four books, “Generous Orthodoxy” and “A New Kind of Christian” by Brian McLaren, “Understanding God’s Will: How to hack the equation without formulas” by Kyle Lake, and also another book by Reggie McNeal and the title is escaping me. It’s about shaping the leaders heart. Anyway, I did some reading yesterday which always challenges me, and enriches me and makes me happy, unless it makes me mad. I also managed to watch a film. “Get Shorty” was a funny movie; I enjoyed it except for the incredible amount of cursive language that was used. This one actor Dennis Farina, he plays the same character in every movie he is in, some hard ass gangster guy who’s every second word is F*ck. Now don’t get me wrong, I can handle a few f-bombs, but it was awkward cause the guy whose house I’m living in was sitting in the room using the computer and I could tell he was bothered by it. Anyway, I really did enjoy the film and I look forward to its sequel “Be Cool” or “Stay Cool” whatever it’s called, but it’s coming out shortly.

Also yesterday I went for a nice walk in the snow with my good friend Ryan Adams. That was nice; I had some time to get outside and also to have nothing going on in my head except what Ryan was putting there. I hadn’t listened to Ryan Adams in a long while so it was good to reconnect myself with him. He has this song called “Sylvia Plath” and it’s about this women poet and how he wishes he could have been in a romantic situation with her. The song is about the things they would do, it’s pretty cool, but you can tell it’s such an artsy relationship that he has in his head. Like when I imagine my ideal relationship I don’t imagine some of the things that he imagines but it’s all so very rock-star, which is pretty cool. Anyway, I hope that you are all well, I will now share with you the song of the day, and then go take a nap, because, I can, and I want to, but then I have to ask myself…is it wise? And the answer is yes, emphatically yes.

The song of the day is “Hurt so Good” by John Mellencamp. This Christmas I received his greatest hits collection from my Aunt Betty and have been listening to it today. That is one of the best songs that he ever wrote. It’s got a great chorus line (the chorus lyric, not some girls dancing and kicking their legs up) and it’s just so catchy and infectious. John Mellencamp is a great part of American rock music; he is truly a solid rock in American grassroots music where so many have been total pieces of crap. So, if you have the means and or desire, I implore you to listen to this song and let it take you away to a great place. It’s nap time friends…good night

So the internet stopped working before I took my nap meaning I couldn’t post this till now, and now I just woke up. I thought I would let you know that it (my nap) was pretty great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home