Saturday, February 17, 2007

Secret Codes and the Reality of being Patient

At the outset of this blog i want you to know that i was forced to get a google account in order to continue using my blog. I don't like this, and have therefore set out to stop using google.

The real blog begins now

I’m sitting here at the Edge, my volunteers didn’t show tonight, but luckily God helped me finish my sermon C before we opened. He even gave me time to rent and try out a new PS2 game that I definitely, well sorta don’t like. I haven’t made up my mind yet, I don’t like the controller configuration A which by the way is not adjustable, but I like some of the newer features. Anyway, I’m here at the edge, listening to the wallflowers, and watching a group of teens interact around the pool table. Also note that I am feeling really tired. R Anyway, I thought about Jesus, cause that’s what you do when you are a pastor, and anyway, I thought about how Jesus could have just walked up to these kids and entered in to dialogue with these kids and A they would’ve been changed. I wish I could do that. I wish I could walk into a situation with these teens, or I guess a conversation, and engage them they way Christ did. Also, I feel like just sitting here, selling them pop, I giving them pool cues, video games and being friendly is not very effective. I guess I wish I could see S more results from this ministry, but I suppose the fact that we have about 15 non-churched kids in here tonight is results enough. I guess I just want to interact P with them the way I can with the church kids. To get to know them easier, to talk to them easier, to talk about deep and spiritual R things, to talk about even dumb stuff. Now Keith Urban is on, he’s sweet. I don’t know, these kids don’t want to talk to people here, well, E most of them don’t and the ones that don’t mind talking to you, G don’t seem to have much to say. Oh well. It’s in the Lords hands; I’m being faithful to do my part. I want to pray more N for these kids, but I guess I am slowly building a relationship A with some of them, I guess I just want it to feel more natural. In other news, life is good, I’m preaching in the morning, a N little nervous about it, but not so much also. I’m going to be pretty open and vulnerable with the congregation tomorrow. I felt Gods leading in it, so I hope it works out. I need to T sleep soon.

Ps. There is a secret code in this blog. If you figure it out, you will get a big surprise.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

oooooooweeeee Nice secret code.. That was origial that's for sure..

Congrats.. Love you sooo much
and im sooo freakin excited!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yeah, congratulations! Also, the wallflowers are pretty sweet.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kieran said...

way to go stud

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit Mike! Is this some kind of word jumble?!?!

The best I can come up with so far is "RASIN CAN'T GRAPE" - and it seems like a completely ridiculous code to me. If you're planning on being a father some day, you better get your act together.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

that is one tricky code

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home