Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Heavier Things

Some friends of mine had a baby. I'm stoked.

I'm feeling kinda blue this afternoon, i'm at the Edge Youth Center Here in Vermilion. Not really feeling like being here, but it's where i am supposed to be, so after fixing one of the computers in our internet cafe, i've taken up residence here to write another quick blog. The next couple weeks are going to be insane for me. I'm going to see Jars of Clay in Edmonton, the next day i'm running back to Saskatoon (for the first time ever!), and then i am coming back to take a gaggle (hopefully) of teens snowboarding and skiiing in Cold Lake. Not to mention preaching once in regular church, once for youth, and also singing on the worship team this weekend. Busy-ness doesn't necesarrily mean productivity, but in this case i think i will be. After this two weeks it will calm down, till LYC in Calgary and then i preach again after i get back.

I have a dream to see Vermilion come to see and know God, is that naive? Is that a dream we all go in with, and then once reality sets in we all get jaded and believe that God can't actually do it, or perhaps that we are restrained by the institution we have chosen to serve? Or are we restrained by our own view of this "institution" that we impose and suppose and assume. Do we assume that God, through a board of elders and a sr. pastor won't grant us the freedom to do something revolutionary in our community context? I don't know, I spent a few days at youth pastors retreat, and though i love the church, and the elders board i serve under and the sr. pastor i serve with, and it seems other guys don't...and seem to have real issues. I heard guys complain, and that wasn't the whole weekend, but it seems in some guys, the passion is gone, and also the perspective is gone, this doesn't make any sense, and more then likely, from thier perspective, i am some wide eyed rookie, with dreams and ideals that are all going to be crushed under the weight of reality. Oh well, as long as i still feel like God can do some work here in Vermilion, i will be happy and naive, and patient and serving him here. I'm gonna talk to my senior about it tomorrow. we'll see how it goes.

I'll let you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

so some friends of yours had a baby huh? who was that? also, Don't let your dreams be crushed because there is no real world, only the one that people create for themselves - You have no idea what God's plans are for Vermilion, mabye you're on the right track though. God put you and Cara there for a reason.. Anyways.. I love you SOOOOOO much.. XOXO

1:41 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I liked the subtle reference in there that you're "running back to Saskatoon". Don't worry too much about other people's ideal-stomping. I think some people get jealous of enthusiasm once they've lost theirs. I hope you and Cara are enjoying things there otherwise.
Sing another prairie tune.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home