Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I don't like Jack Johnson, and i don't think he should release anymore music!

Word up to you my peeps. Peeps is another word for people, and by people I refer to people who know me and read my blog. Even people that don’t know me and are reading my blog, I don’t know how you got here, but I hope you can find comfort and solace in my humble and personal words. Not like the words to the song “Hurt” by Nine Inch Nails. Not that they aren’t humble and personal, but I don’t think I want you to find comfort or solace in them, I used to, but then again, I used to be terrible depressed all the time didn’t I?

So I literally just returned from a 3 hour shift of working at this community centre that we are opening. I don’t think I’ve spoken much about the community centre, well actually it’s a youth centre and it’s called “The Edge”. I have been trying to get in touch with the guitarist of the band U2, who somehow shares this name with our youth centre, because I think it would be cool if he was there for the grand opening, but somehow I don’t see that happening. I mean he’s a great guy and everything, but, he’s also probably too busy to be bothered with such silliness, after all, he is The Edge. So, before I got to Vermilion, Kyle and Shawn, (the pastors, my bosses) had a dream to create a youth centre here in Vermilion for the teens to come and enjoy. We see it as a way to provide teens with a safe place to come and be themselves and have fun and do teenager type stuff. So with a team of teens and adults, we have been working since August to bring this dream to reality, and we are getting close. It opens in a little over a month! We bought a building in downtown Vermilion, that in actual fact was the original alliance church, but had gone through many transformations, and we first renovated part of it for our church staff office. The rest of it we have dedicated to the purpose of being a Youth Centre with all the latest cool stuff for teens. So, renovations have been coming along, this Saturday we are hoping to get the floor down and finish all the painting. I wish I could show you some before and after pictures it would blow your mind! It blows my mind, but then again, so does the idea of not having Gravity for 10 seconds. So anyway, a crew of us was working there tonight, it was a fun time, we worked, we listened to Stephen Toon, and all was good in the world.

Other then that, my day was mostly uneventful. I worked from home this morning in an effort to get some serious work done on my sermon which I am preaching this Sunday. I am preaching from Matthew 5:13-16. The passage is from the Sermon on the Mount about the followers of Christ being the Salt of the Earth and the Light of the World. I hope to have it done by tomorrow so that I can do some other things that I need to do this week, and also so I can have some time to look it over, revise it and do the PowerPoint and schmeg like that. I did have time to make myself French Toast for breakfast which was fairly awesome, seeing as I hadn’t had French Toast (my favorite breakfast food – if done correctly) in such a long time. I did manage to get a good portion of work done as well, which was very good. I am hoping to do the same thing tomorrow, because that would be good, except I might not have French toast, I might treat myself to a “Nick’s restaurant” Breakfast, I think I deserve it. Hey do you think it’s weird to put pepper on French Toast? Jeremiah does, I don’t, that’s all I put on my French toast, and it’s great!

Well friends, I don’t feel like I have much else to say, I forgot to wish you a happy March yesterday, seeing as yesterday was indeed the first day of March. I talked to Jamie last night which was good, I got to hear about her trip and how she was doing and so on. I do enjoy talking to my friends on the phone, but even more so, I like being able to walk, drive or take the C-train down the road and visit my friends, which is probably going to be happening this summer if in fact I live in the township of Calgary. Tonight I hit my thumb with a hammer, and it still hurts, I was just looking at it, and it looks ok, but it still hurts, which has made typing this a bit of a hassle, but I would do anything to make you people happy and if that means typing a blog update with a shattered thumb, then I would most certainly do it.

Which brings me to the Song of the Day. Hey did any of you besides Tim actually read that entire Blog yesterday? And Carmen did you get any mail from me? Ok, I got sidetracked, the song of the day is by a beloved Canadian Band, and no, I am not talking about the Guess Who thank God. I am talking about the pride of Kingston Ontario, The Tragically Hip, and their song “It's a good life if you don't weaken”. I always forget about this song, cause it was off a mediocre album that came out right around the same time that I stopped listening to Radio, and it never gets played on the radio anyway. But I have it on a Mix CD called “Mike’s Dandy Deportation Mix” and I was listening to it, and the song came on, and I was like “Yeah, this is a great song”. It’s mellow, which is the case with many of the songs talked about on here, but the lyrics are pretty cool as well, and it’s one of those songs where you just love to hear Gordon Downies voice. It’s really great. So if you have the desire or the means, you should check out this song out. I think you would really enjoy it. So anyway, have a great night folks, think fondly of me and pray for me as I prepare and deliver my sermon. Love you lots, also I love the game of poker!

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Russell said...

What do you have against Jack Johnson? Anyway I read your last blog out loud for the general enjoyment of my onsite buddies. My onsite buddies being Jenica and Michelle, as Cameroon is still in Bangkok (did you know Cameroon is a country in Africa). Anyhow your blog was much enjoyed by all.

Jenica says: It was cool to hear your blog and she hopes to e-mail you in the near future, because she misses you "like crazy"

Michelle says: It was cool to hear your blog and she hopes to marry you in the near future, because she misses you "like crazy"

Cameron says: It was cool to hear your blog and he hopes to be rid of parasites in the near future, because he misses you "like crazy"

Jocelyn says: It was cool to hear your blog and she hopes to reach 5'1" in the near future, because she misses you "like crazy"

Connie the Pink says: It was cool to hear your blog and she hopes raid village with her viking friends in the near future, because she misses you "like crazy"

Leah McRitchie states a firm: no-comment

12:06 AM  
Blogger Shaolin said...

First of all, i can't believe i am responding to something on my own blog, but hey, these things happen.
Thank you Onsite friends for your encouragement and your enjoyment of my blog, even if some of them were ficticious, i loved them anyway. And yes i did know Cameroon is a country in Africa...did you not know that?
So to all my friends in differant parts of the world, i love you, even you Leah McRitchie, who for some reason had a firm no comment.

10:30 AM  
Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

I believe that pepper on french toast is a abomination to the glouriousness of the french toast. The only three ingredients that should ever grace the top of the french toast are, in no particular order: Syrup, Butter and Icing Sugar. Any other substance that graces the french toast is awkward and I don't usually like awkward things.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home