Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sick as a Dog, who is sick and not healthy

Hey Friends!

Just in case you were worried about me, because of my last update, I want to assure you that I am in fact now fine, well I’m better, and that’s really all you can ask for isn’t it? Sorry for being so erratic in my updating lately, I have honestly been very busy and now I am so sick I have hardly felt like doing anything, let alone leading worship, which is what I had to do this morning. It was quite the experience, I really felt like crap (whoa did I put that in past tense?, cause I still feel like crap!) my chest is sore from all the coughing, and my throat is sore and my head is so stuffed up. Anyway I got all drugged up, went to church and prayed with the team and got up and did it. It was my prayer that God would be at work and that people would be able to worship despite how horrible I sounded and so on, that I would be able to lead and actually worship myself without being so concerned with how I sounded. “Not to Us, but to your name be the Glory”. Anyway, we lead and I did my best, screwed up a few times, but it wasn’t too bad, and my voice gave out once, but it still was ok, I was definitely able to worship myself. Then afterward people were talking to me about how good it sounded and how I really lead well and people really were able to worship. This is not to toot my own horn, but to say that God worked this morning; he took my sick, tired body and used it for his glory despite all of my deficiencies, which was great.

After Church, I came home to find my home deserted of both humans and food. So I went to the next best place, Subway. I saw a trio of ladies that I see there every week on Sundays, and said Hello, though I can never remember any of their names. I ordered my sandwich and they invited me to sit and have lunch with them, and since I was alone, I said sure, even though I couldn’t remember their names. In case you were wondering, I got a Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub, and if that doesn’t make you hungry I don’t know what will. So I sat down and we were chatting like old friends, it was really cool actually. Two of the girls are my age, and then the other lady was the mom of one of the girls. We sat for like 45 minutes eating and talking about movies and my life and so on, and it was really cool. I laughed a whole lot, which was good because I have heard that laughter is the best medicine, but I would venture to say that actually Bon Jovi is the best medicine.

So now I am home and I am going to write a couple emails and I’m going to work on my sermon, which I am preaching on March 6th in case you want to come watch and listen. I don’t feel like working on it, but I really need to, I’m behind where I want to be at this point so I need to put some time in, I will probably continue working on it tonight after our church missionary service tonight. You should come check it out, especially if you live in the Edmonton area, and if you live in Calgary and you came, man, you would be some friend! But that’s about it.

The song of the day is “All the right Reasons” by the Jayhawks. The Jayhawks are a great little band who I discovered last year, through their epic album “Rainy Day Music”. Ok, so the album isn’t exactly epic, but it’s really good. When I first got the album I was captivated by the song “All the right reasons”. The song talks about being the life giving power of love and romance and how when you find that love you lose your sense of time and being and it is something that consumes you fully. It also seems to imply a lost love as well, or a relationship not really working out for whatever reason, and that the songwriter will always love the women. When I first heard that song I understood what he meant, I was really into that song. Then I went for a while without listening to The Jayhawks, but then for the last two days I have been spinning that CD and been rediscovering and enjoying it immensely, so I thought I would share that with you. If you have the desire or the means you should check this song out. (Also, i was just listening to 99.3 the Fox, a Vancouver based rock and roll radio station and they played "Daddy's getting Married by Bif Naked. Now, to be honest, it's very rare that i would endorse anything by Bif Naked, but this was her first big single and it's actually pretty good, so if you want you can check that song out as well. It's a good song, about how she felt when her dad remarried, pretty emotinal, good song.)

Anyway, have a great day, watch the Oscars, talk to someone you love and be happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shle said...

hey hey, why don't you ever mention that although your sub was good, it would have been better if the best sandwich artist in the world made it? ? Huh huh?
Suuure Chicken bacon ranch, which is like 9 dollars and 50 cents anywyas. You know it would have been better if I made it
love yoU!
Love Ashley

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home