Wednesday, March 09, 2005

He is the King of Sexy Parties!

So, I just got back from a 2 hour shift working at the youth centre. This Saturday we are having a garage sale and BBQ selling off items left over from the place that owned the building before and also any donated items. It should be a fun time, and if you want some great deals on some great stuff, come out! 9am-4pm at The Edge in Vermilion. I will be there flipping burgers and schmoozing customers, so feel free to stop by and get a schmoozing courtesy of the one and only “Shaolin”.

As I type, but probably not while you are reading, I am listening to a little band called “The Postal Service”. I was just interrupted (but in a good way) by like 5 MSN friends who decided it would be a good time to chat. Anyway, this group Postal Service, as I understand it features the lead singer of Death Cab for Cutie which is another band that I enjoy. So far so good, but it has a techno feel to it, but not in a stupid “E” induced rave way, in a cool way, that is not using “E” and is not at a rave.

So, my day was alright. I worked a bit in the morning, mostly did reading, but then my friends eventually showed up and that was great. Kinny (the guy who gave me the Postal Service CD) and Kramer (the guy who was my roommate) showed up before Turner (the guy who once slammed another guys head into a wall during a soccer match), but Turner had a church issue that came up, or more appropriately went down at the last second. We went for lunch at a local restaurant and were served by a waitress whose pants were sheer down the sides. It was awkward. We had good food and conversation, ranging from burgers to steak, to sandwiches, and ranging from Ministry, to Matt Russell, and married life. After that we took a tour of the town. It first led us to the Church at which I serve. After a look at the inside and upstairs we moved downstairs and played a few rounds of the wonderful game PIG. It is a game to difficult to describe using the written word; I will just have to show you sometime. After a few injuries and epic battles we moved on and continued our tour. Then as I was heading past the elementary school and toward the Vermilion Mall, I failed to notice a police officer, he was in my blind spot and I blatantly broke a law in front of him. Well I didn’t mean to, I also failed to notice a yield sign that should’ve cause me to yield to him. Well he pulled me over and I was very scared, but all he did is ask me if I knew what I did, and what I was doing? And I answered both questions correctly in content and in attitude and he said ok, have a nice day. That was quite the blessing, coolest member of the fuzz I have ever interacted with on a business level. Then we concluded our tour and the guys left. As I pulled into the parking lot of the place where I work and my car sunk into the wet gravel and schmeg. My car was stuck and had to be towed out of the mess it was in.

Then I went home.

Then I went to work at the Youth Centre

Then I came home

Then I picked the song of the day. It is uh, well not by Postal Service, I haven’t had enough time to really love them yet. Whoa, that all just changed, Postal Service is covering “Against All Odds” by Phil Collins, and it is pretty cool, so that is the song of the Day. “Against All Odds” is a great song, so either ones is good enough for you to check out if you have the desire and or the means. Anyway, I don’t have much else to say, Youth Conference is coming quick, which is very exciting, and also I am currently trying to make some plans and decisions for the summer situation. Very interesting time in my life for sure, also my back is sore from doing some heavy lifting at the youth centre. I love you all, and hope you are doing very, very, very, very well.

1 Comments:

Blogger T.I.Houghton said...

I love sexy parties.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home