Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Only Christian Music and Self Pity Edition to copy Jon Kramer's Edition Blog Title

So, a while back i decided to only have uplifting - Christian music on my itunes at work. Oh. And U2. Cause they are pretty much Christian aren't they? I also have two Beatles Songs, and one random Barenaked Ladies offering - but the song by the BNL was actually written by Bruce Cockburn and i heard he became a Christian so by default that can count as well. As for the Beatles, I remember hearing some quote about them and Jesus....what was that again...oh well, i'm sure it was fine. Anyway - I wish i had a wider variety of music on my work itunes because i don't feel like listening to David Crowder, Derek Webb, Hillsong, Jars of Clay or any of the four other Christian artists that i don't hate.

Oh yeah...it's one of those days....

So, last night after a particularly good evening with my missions trip team - i was driving home listening to Death Cab for Cutie's essential album - "Transatlanticisim". I thought to myself - there are some really cool songs on this record - i think i should blog about it tomorrow. Well tomorrow is here - and despite my enjoyment of this record - i can't blog about it today. In fact - I can hardly believe I'm blogging at all.

This is how my last five days has looked.

Saturday
9am - 3:30pm: Make Perogies
3:30-4:20: shower, clean myself, drive back to town
4:20pm - 1:00am Drive to Edmonton, Watch Canucks Lose to Oilers, Drive Home.

Sunday
7:00am - 10:20am - Family get ready for Church
11:00am - 12:15pm - Church
1:00pm - 11:30pm - make perogies

Monday
7:00am - 7:00pm - Father my child
8:00pm - 9:30pm - Small Group

Tuesday
7:00am - 8:30am - Get ready for work
9:00am - 6:00pm - Work
6:00pm - 9:30pm - Missions Team Meeting Time

Wednesday
7:00am-8:30am - Get ready for Work
9:00am - now - work

I don't know why i felt like i should lay that out for you - and maybe you don't think it's all that impressive - but the truth is...I am spent. I don't feel like working, i don't feel like blogging, or at least i feel like i have nothing left to give at this point - to anything - work, family, self, God. Add to that people disappointed with the over 13,000 perogies we made and wanting thier money back - you have the makings of a forgettable day.

Part of me wants to end this blog with a happy - God will give me strength kind of thing - and i know he will - but part of me also wants to live in my frustration a bit longer - to dwell on it, cause thats what i do....ever since i started becoming self aware - i noticed i like to dwell on my unhealthy and negative emotions and situation. To become engrossed in them - to feed them, and for me thats not healthy. So i guess i will try to believe and live in the strength and encouragment of the God who i knows holds the key to the true source of all those good things.

Plus, I can't go to Joel Plaskett. or U2 and I get these things rubbed in my face.

Ps. I still don't feel happy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

666. The final solution and Claim.

http://winmir.blogspot.com/

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home