Friday, April 20, 2007

Relevant Magazine


That title is misleading. I haven't ready anything interesting in relevant magazine lately, so thats not what this is about. Although, don't take that as a slam on relevant magazine, i just have not read one in a long time, so there may have been interesting articles and information, but i haven't read one in a while so i have not been able to partake and thus have not been able to share any of the relevant wisdom with you here in this venue.


Man, Relevant is a popular word in Christianity World.
Anyway, I am reading something. I'm reading a book called "The Radical Reformission" and it's written by a Pastor named Mark Driscoll. I'm only two chapters in, and already this book has me thinking more deep thoughts perhaps then any other book i've read with the exception of "The Bible" and "The Cost of Discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. (clearly i've discovered the power of the link again...props to that AUC-NUC alumni newsletter or whatever it is) Anyway, the last chapter (chapter two) was about relevance. I like what he said because i find that many of the people so bent on relevance in Christianity take it too far, and actually become part of the culture as opposed to the "in the world, but not of the world" idea. I myself have done this before, but i see this as a big danger to the Gospel. Anyway, he talks about the importance of being culturally relevant, but also the danger of forgetting in that to be faithful to God, so that was one point i liked.
I've decided this blog isn't really going anywhere because i am not explaining very well what is being shown to me. So, just buy and read the book.
Other then that, life is swell, hanging out with new friends, developing relationship (which always seem to happen on Canuck Playoff Game nights...but i'm not complaining), but it's been good, because for the first couple months of being here, Cara and I often felt lonely. It was a harder transition then we thought it would be in terms of relationships, but we've finally taken some initiative (and by we....i mean Cara, but luckily she takes me along with her) and spent time with people here in the church and created some friends out of people we could have only before considered friendly aquaintances.
In the meantime, i'm feeling kind of hungry, which is bizarre because for once I actually had breakfast today. It must've been all that thinking i've done this morning about going on a diet that has gotten me hungry. Also, there should be a "Man Curves". I should start my own cult of self concious men who want to lose weight but are too embarresed to go to the gym, but also, "Man Curves" should be cheaper then lady curves, or lady curves should also just be cheaper. I don't know. I think if i had a team of people that wanted to work out with me, and were in the same boat physically i would be more inclined to do that. I also like to play team sports, but none of the ones i play exist right now so i was thinking of playing "ball" this summer, but i've never been very good at "ball" and also, it's one of the least athletic sports in the world. Especially if you are a pitcher. The blue Jays had some fat pitchers...who were they again...Roger Clemons, but he was only slightly chubby, who was the other guy, who went and played for the Yankees? I don't know, i just don't actually care about Baseball in any way shape or form....
Also, i have a big youth event tonight. I hope it goes well and we get some teens to come out and have some fun.
Since this blog basically has no purpose, theme, or relevance, i believe i will end it here. But seriously, buy that book, it's really good.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Newman said...

Hey if you start a Man Curves I am so in; however, do we actually have to work out or could we pretend. Be like "Hey Honey, Im going to the gym..." which happens to have a 42" plasma where we watch the Canucks anhialate the Ducks. Can you believe that Fehr was cheering for the Stars. What a weiner! We'll have to hook up again sometime bro its been too long.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Bassmaster Fehr said...

I think that you should start a Man Curves,only it should include a buffet. With lots of bacon. And steak.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Man curves indeed. I could be the poster boy!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home