Thursday, January 06, 2005

Some people say I'm a mess...

Hello people of the world. Today is my 5th day back in Vermilion after the break and now it has begun to snow…I have to confess, I don’t like snow, in fact, it is my least favorite Canadian weather phenomenon. Being from Vancouver I learned to love the rain, but snow…snow makes life difficult and frustrating, so in short, I don’t like snow. Other then the snow, my life continues to be pretty good, although I am still trying to beat two ear infections and some sort of bronchitis like chest and sinus infection. Some might say I am a mess, but really, I’m not.

Today is a work day, I work here in the office four full days a week, and work outside of the office 1 full day a week as well as 2-3 nights a week. Mondays are my day off, which I enjoy most often by viewing a film or two. For instance this last Monday, I watched the film “Napoleon Dynamite”. Many people who I would consider friends told me to watch this film, and that I would love it. It was pretty funny, I didn’t like it at first, but the more I thought about and talked about it, the more I realized I thought it was pretty funny. I won’t say that everyone should see this, because I don’t think everyone will like it, but if you’re bored at looking for a movie, and can’t see anything, give it a try, you might like it, you might not.

So this infection in my ears has made life annoying in more then one way, but the way that bothers me most has been my inability to hear properly out of my right ear. It’s been annoying because more then anything it has limited my ability to listen to and enjoy music. Music is a very important part of my life, in many ways I live and breathe with music. But this infection in my ears has damaged that.

Anyway, I should get back to work, I need to work on a leadership training class for our teen leaders here in Vermilion. We call the class “Life in the Deep End” and all our teenage leaders come and learn together some different aspect of leadership. It’s usually pretty good, it’s one of the many things I enjoy doing here as part of my internship.

Here’s my song of the day, if you get a chance or have the ability, listen to this song: “Feels like Home to me” – Chantel Kreviazuk. It’s a real dandy, kind of a wussy song, I’ll admit, but hey, sometimes we all need a little wussyness in our lives. So listen to Chantel, cause she has the voice of a songbird….well I like Sarah McLachlan and Christine McVie more, but this is a good song, and she’s a great singer, so enjoy the music, and have a pretty good day.


Ps. I’m happy to report that the name Michael remained a dominant force in the world today as it is the sixth most popular male name of 2004, up two spots from 2003. Woo-Hoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home